let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Pulled off a re-design of the website and lost all my old photo links (or will soon if there are a couple stragglers). Not liking the new naming function... But here are some shots, because the old ones are slowly vanishing into oblivion...

page28-1000-full.jpg

page28-1006-full.jpg

page28-1011-full.jpg

I thank you sir. I only wish I could say that it was that tidy most of the time... I think the frequency of attended sessions is inversely proportional to how much crap accumulates on the desk and the racks before I start to lose my mind.

So we've rockwool'd all the walls in my room, including some diagonally in the back corners to act as bass traps and it sounds awesome! We've got cheap, acoustically transparent bedsheets covering it all. Also, we made 4 large panels of various sizes full of it.

Sorry for the terrible photo:
381802_2598199068748_1067884179_2751610_975714799_n.jpg

The speakers aren't as far back as the photo makes them look either, the fronts are just in front of the panels covering the bookshelves

Well, I still have my studio in my home but now I have access to an old factory to track in. This room is the small one at about 35'x70'x12'. The largest space I have access to is big enough to park three 747's in.

Attachments

• The Terminal.jpg
    The Terminal.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 720
Well, I still have my studio in my home but now I have access to an old factory to track in. This room is the small one at about 35'x70'x12'. The largest space I have access to is big enough to park three 747's in.
Nice! The Christmas lights are a nice added touch. It almost looks like the basement barroom at my local KOC.

Very nice, large space. Is that a pair of Alesis 8track ADAT's I see in the rack? My first multitrack recorder was an Alesis 8track, which I still have. I'm running a HD-24 now. What are you using for a mixing desk?

Yeah, two LX20's. I'm just using them as AD conversion. They go through a MOTU 2408mkII to computer. I do some tracking here and take the raw tracks back home for sweetening and mixing. My main system at the studio is an HD24/ MOTU. The desk pictured here is a StudioMaster 16*8*16. Back at the ranch I run a Tascam M-3500.
I'm having a blast experimenting with room mics and I'm also putting together a REAL echo chamber (a speaker in a large reverberant roomdriven by an AUX send with a mic or two). It's old school/ new school.

Nice! The Christmas lights are a nice added touch. It almost looks like the basement barroom at my local KOC.

This place is the "club house" for small circle of friends. Weekends here are all about jamming, recording and self medicating. It's interesting to track with a small audience. I've had a few takes made useless when as we finished a tune (and all the mics are still on) some folks who were watching shout out "that was awsome".

That's far out Track Rat. I would give my left nut to know folks that had a setup like that around here.

Here's my little space. It's small but pretty well equipped--- at least with Moog stuff. :D My amps and Leslie are put away for now.

Beggars Tomb

Pics 029.jpg

Attachments

• Pics 027.jpg
    Pics 027.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 624
Thanks. It is only uncluttered for the length of time it took to take the pics. :(

I wish I wasn't in the dining room/living room but it's the biggest best-sounding space in the place.

If I can get rid of the kids it opens up a bedroom but it's a tossup whether it would become a studio or a sex play room. :D

Back