What's your "to go" eq?

I bet you are by BMI standards. That BMI scale is a joke. I'm now 5'11", 200 lbs., and as lean as I was in my 20's, but by the BMI scale, I'm considered grossly obese. Completely stupid.

Yeah...there was a new study that says BMI is not accurate.

The best way is to take a piece of string (or whatever works), measure your height with it, fold it in half, and see if it fits around your waist.

If it's too short to fit...then your are overweight by that many inches.

The best way is to take a piece of string (or whatever works), measure your height with it, fold it in half, and see if it fits around your waist.

Interesting. I never heard that one. I'm going to try it. But it still can't tell you anything about your health, and I wonder how much it can really tell you about body composition. A lot of "skinny" people have no muscle and because of that, have a high fat percentage. But anything's got to be better than the BMI, which takes your height and weight into account, and nothing else.

I bet you are by BMI standards. That BMI scale is a joke. I'm now 5'11", 200 lbs., and as lean as I was in my 20's, but by the BMI scale, I'm considered grossly obese. Completely stupid.

Yup, that's true. I'm 5'11" also and that BMI thing would have me weighing about 160lbs. That's ridiculous.

I've got a little bit of a belly, but not bad. I need to lose about 10 pounds or so, but it's impossible with all this traveling I'm doing... and pizza eating.

Interesting. I never heard that one. I'm going to try it. But it still can't tell you anything about your health, and I wonder how much it can really tell you about body composition. A lot of "skinny" people have no muscle and because of that, have a high fat percentage. But anything's got to be better than the BMI, which takes your height and weight into account, and nothing else.

This very much. I've got muscle and 21-23% bodyfat (eternal bulk, baby!) so BMI makes me feel like I'm responsible for world hunger.

Hmmm, whatdya know... 10 inches.

Those silly Broadcast Music guys...what will they think of next. I thought they just sent out royalty checks...:laughings:
I don't know why you'd need to measure. 75" (6'3") in half would be 37.5 inch waste. If you're wearing 38" pants you've broke the bank...doesn't sound right though, cause I think I'm about 40# over and I wear 38" pants which would be just barely over...

Back