What's your "to go" eq?

Just the logic stock EQ unless I'm going for something special. I also like the waves API plugins, less options=dialing in sounds faster.

I love the maag EQ4 for boosting and elysia museq but honestly the stock cubase EQ is great too, it depends if I want more character or a cleaner sound, different EQ's work better for different sounds.

CDSoundMaster N-TEN-AT4 is my main EQ, but I also like Cockos ReaEQ for quick, clean adjustments. Other EQ's get used as needed, but that is fully dependent on what a track calls for.

Not to imply that every track necessarily gets any EQ done to it. Whatever is needed.

Why? Are you looking for a new EQ, curious what others use, just making talky-talky?

I love the maag EQ4 for boosting and elysia museq but honestly the stock cubase EQ is great too, it depends if I want more character or a cleaner sound, different EQ's work better for different sounds.

This exactly. I have no "to go", but I have several "go to" EQs for different things. The channel strips in Reason are exceptional for shaping, but not so much for carving...I've been known to pull up a 31 band plug just to grapple an errant frequency.

For the most part, I've been concentrating on trying to learn how to get the sound in the way it should sound. I.E. a well miked guitar sound sounds great in the mix with just a little compression (and might not need that if I could play better) and MAYBE a high pass...,

Yeah if you have to EQ so much that you have a go-to-to-go EQ then maybe try to track better sounds to begin with? Fix your room? Just a thought. I know, crazy, right? But then again, if you're dealing with someone else's shit, then use your magical EQs.

I really appreciate Greg (most of the time, at least). He keeps things real. Sometimes when it's directed at me personally it's a bit hard to take, but if I take the comments and apply them to improving, I always come out ahead.

Lol. Well I think "keeping it real" and taking a stand for something is better than just flaky non-committal and tired cliches. People try to be too general and non-specific so they don't look wrong.

I try to use as little EQ as possible unless I'm after a specific sound but when I do, I use the Sonitus EQ that I got with Sonar 5 way back when. (Around 2003 I think) I like the Sonitus Plugins. Simple but effective. The only remnant of Sonar that I still use.

UAD Cambridge- easy, flexible. Used to use the UAD Pultec (for some reason) but the fact that it adds gain just putting it in.. = Blow me. PSP's fixed that.

and yeah, the Sonitus pack- plus its 'straight forward gui

A 'go-to' EQ would be the one you use regularly to put a hi-pass or lo-pass on a track, or to scoop some mud out of guitar tracks, right? So it's a legitimate question.

Back