What's your dream guitar?

Early 60s strat, small body Martin.

The only reason I'd want to have a vintage strat would be that it's a real one. So any top quality accurate replica\reissue would do. To me they are sort of the growly strats with a very wooden tone.

I like smaller accoustics because they are crisp. I have no idea of any model numbers, but I saw an old Martin in Toronto once and have wanted one ever since.

I've spent some time drooling over thin hollow body Gibsons at a local shop.

...Last night he came yo my dream, and says...

"...Here you go Jaymz, your wish comes true. You got not only one... but TWO !!!
Go on... take 'em both..."

Attachments

• bhm2guitars.jpg
    bhm2guitars.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 118
Doug H said:
Early 60s strat, small body Martin.

The only reason I'd want to have a vintage strat would be that it's a real one. So any top quality accurate replica\reissue would do. To me they are sort of the growly strats with a very wooden tone.

I like smaller accoustics because they are crisp. I have no idea of any model numbers, but I saw an old Martin in Toronto once and have wanted one ever since.

I've spent some time drooling over thin hollow body Gibsons at a local shop.

Here's a small Martin for you.

I've got a 1953 O-15, but it's nowhere as clean as this. Great little guitar, too. I was about 7 years old when my grandfather and I went to a pawn shop and picked it up for $100. It has a few hairline cracks (just like when we bought it) but the action is still great, and the neck is true.

Not bad, for a 50 year old guit-fiddle.:D

Attachments

• martin.jpg
    martin.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 93
I would have to say something from Gibsons custom shop that I would design, and have them build.

24 fret SG, white w/blue peral lacquer, gold trim, gold tail piece
Banjo fret inlays
3 pickups - 2 '57 and an Angus Young on the bridge
Piezo pickup on the bridge for acoustic sounds
BB king 6 position tone knob
4 volumne/switch pots for volumne on each pickup and serail/parallel switching
The nut and tuners from my strat plus - The nut is ball bearing, great for tuning

And a second one, just a 12 string to match

I figure about 15K ought to cover it. Hay maybe I can sell the vette. :)

the Guitarman's guitar picture is pretty sweet.
i'd go for a P.R.S with a custom paint job of some sort. then if i lose my arms i can sell it for a house !!!

Back