What's up with the new JoeMeek line?

This same seller has sold at least 5 new VC1Qcs since the end of June and more recently at least 2 SC2.2v4................I wonder what will be next.

:cool:

alanhyatt said:
Well, this is an interesting topic. The issue is, there is a small percentage of the market that really like the Meeks. It has become more a cult type product, and it seems over the years, it is being used less by their owners.

yea, to be honest, i sold my VC1Q. so you probably are right about the market. i loved it, but only for very specific applications, so i sold it for more general use gear.

also, the "in" sound seems to be that transformerless solid state/starved plate IC thing. which the meek did not do... which i why i think your switchable transformer idea is really good:

people can get that generic IC sound, then switch it to the "meek" sound.

what kind of transformer are you sticking in there? would it be easy to swap it out for something better? is there room in there?

There is room to switch them out, but I m not sure if the pin out to the PC board would be the same. We are using the original OAP transformer. While not the most recognized brand, it is made in the UK and it really does have a very pleasing sound.

This was the same one used on the VC1 Brick, and the VC Tube Channel that Jack Puig still uses to this very day for vocals. I think, well I hope many more people will dig the new sound.

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

eeldip said:
well you have me interested enough that i think i'll check it out.

what is happening to the sc2.2?

The SC2.2 will get swallowed up with the introduction of the new sc2. The new sc2 will offer everything the from the old SC2, SC2.2, SC3, and SC4, with the digital card.

This way, we will have the very affordable c2, and then the sc2. We want things to be simple, but we have a lot of plans for other products after the main line is back and up and running.

We will have two of the new Meek prototypes at the AES Show...

Back