what's the better cheap mic stand / filter brand?

rupert4444

need to pick up a few stands and pop filters today in a rush for use on friday .. my guitar center has musiciansgear and on stage stands/pop filters as t heir cheapest brands.. in your experience which brand is less crappy

cool i'll just go with on stage then because i've heard of their company more . hopefully it will matter less if i go with the round base stands.. they seem to be overall more sturdy/less likely to topple over and i shouldn't be needing booms

Yo Rupert- If you want to keep them from tipping over, check yard sales for used barbell weights. You can unscrew the stand from the base and slip in a 10-20lb. weight. That'll fix that problem, but they're a bitch to haul to gigs, and the lead singer won't look so cool trying to carry it around on stage.-LOL-Richie

Or, pony up for a real boom with a heavy base, casters, and a counterweight.

I don't know how someone can spend a thousand dollars on a mic and refuse to spend $150 on a stand that will last forever.

My experience with on stage tripod stands is the center of gravity is way to high to put a good mic on it tends to need sand bags on the legs.
But you said you are to get straight stands so just remember for future reference. :cool:

Or, pony up for a real boom with a heavy base, casters, and a counterweight.

I don't know how someone can spend a thousand dollars on a mic and refuse to spend $150 on a stand that will last forever.

oh because i already have some nice tama stands at my studio, but i'm staying somewhere else and need to just pick up a couple cheap stands for recording a friend.. figured i might as well get the best of the crappy so i could use them again in the future if needed.

Back