What would you change?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Not a song title. I’m really asking. I just did a quick recording on my iPad to get some ideas down. Does it sound like it’s something that could be salvageable? Too slow? Maybe finger pick with an electric guitar instead? Is it too monotonous? Or is it just fine the way it is? I’m all ears.

i like understated music. it leaves more to the imagination and the heart.

not entirely sure what the lyrics are, but i've listened to enough rock not to care about that.

sounds good man!

Are you talking about the writing, arrangement, or recording? (all 3?)

To the latter, taking the time to track it carefully would obviously be the biggest thing. There's a bit of pitchiness in the vocal harmonies, and the guitar recording is noisy.
The arrangement and writing seem like they're in a pretty good place tho.

i like understated music. it leaves more to the imagination and the heart.

not entirely sure what the lyrics are, but i've listened to enough rock not to care about that.

sounds good man!

Thanks, I’ll make it clearer when I get to actually recording it.

Are you talking about the writing, arrangement, or recording? (all 3?)

To the latter, taking the time to track it carefully would obviously be the biggest thing. There's a bit of pitchiness in the vocal harmonies, and the guitar recording is noisy.
The arrangement and writing seem like they're in a pretty good place tho.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong sub. Yeah, I meant the former. I’ll be sure to get it right when tracking, though I’m really thinking about switching out the acoustic and going with an electric instead. No reason I can’t do both.

Thanks for listening!

Back