Well today was rough...

There are no studies linked in the article.

There are no studies linked in the article.
There is a study cited and two articles linked. Which is why it's odd that you are somewhat refuting it. Somewhat. I'm not even sure what you're doing honestly. He didn't just make that shit up. And you didn't question the actual study. You questioned the integrity of USA Today which is besides the point.

There is a study cited and two articles linked. Which is why it's odd that you are somewhat refuting it. Somewhat. I'm not even sure what you're doing honestly. He didn't just make that shit up. And you didn't question the actual study. You questioned the integrity of USA Today which is besides the point.

There is a study cited, and there are two articles linked if you want to pay $21 or $49 to read them.
There isn't a point really - you've got a guy asserting that white people in "democratic" cities have lower mortality rates than white people in "republican" cities.
There is no analysis in the article, just an asssertion. Off the top of my head, I'd say that it's possible that people that live in dense urban areas probably have better access to health care, and that people that live in dense urban areas are more likely to vote democratic.
I'm not really questioning the "integrity" of USA Today. It's a very partisan daily newspaper. Read it if you enjoy it, but it isn't serious journalism.

There is a study cited, and there are two articles linked if you want to pay $21 or $49 to read them.
There isn't a point really - you've got a guy asserting that white people in "democratic" cities have lower mortality rates than white people in "republican" cities.
There is no analysis in the article, just an asssertion. Off the top of my head, I'd say that it's possible that people that live in dense urban areas probably have better access to health care, and that people that live in dense urban areas are more likely to vote democratic.
I'm not really questioning the "integrity" of USA Today. It's a very partisan daily newspaper. Read it if you enjoy it, but it isn't serious journalism.
Ok, thanks.

USA today was just one of the media outlets to pickup this story. There's less lefty leaning outlets if you want to read the same information citing the same study on those sites.

It's a study sorted by county, not population density. If you're also asserting that poor white people need more medical access, and aren't also supporting legislation to increase their own medical access (like the Affordable Care Act which was squarely aimed AT THEM), then you are also affirming the study's results and my proclamation that they are killing themselves through legislating against their own best interests. Cult leaders kill off their followers, that's the ends to the brainwashing. Never intended to be a long term strategy, it's just about having that power over them.

Last edited:
Can't even have a fuckin' parade without mass murder with a completely unnecessary high powered semi auto weapon.
Sorry, but humanity is too stupid to have this kind of access to those kind of weapons.

Can't even have a fuckin' parade without mass murder with a completely unnecessary high powered semi auto weapon.
Sorry, but humanity is too stupid to have this kind of access to those kind of weapons.
There are mature owners that handle the responsibility perfectly. They need a graduation system. Start em off with .22 a few years open for .410 shotgun. Make them veterans of the game, then you get the ' big gun'. Dont given em the farm at day one. Earn it with levels, respect and trust.

There are mature owners that handle the responsibility perfectly. They need a graduation system. Start em off with .22 a few years open for .410 shotgun. Make them veterans of the game, then you get the ' big gun'. Dont given em the farm at day one. Earn it with levels, respect and trust.
It's an idiotic death machine.

Cars and vehicles kill and maim many more people than guns but I am sure thats not what you meant.

An automatic gun is a machine gun. A machine guns only use is to suppress the enemy by hitting them or keeping their heads down.

A semi auto gun is just a gun than loads itself using the gasses or recoil from the cartridge. Is it more dangerous than a single shot bolt action or pump action? It depends where it is pointing and who is using it and what for.

High powered. High powered doesnt make any difference to a gun except for long range of penetration. The majority of rifles have to be what you say is high powered. A low powered gun would be something like a small low calibre pistol.

I dont know what gun this man used to commit his crime.

It was a high powered/AR type/semi auto weapon that has zero business in the hands of civilians.
311 mass shootings so far in the USA in 2022 and the year is barely half over.
The populous is too stupid to handle these things in general.

Well on your points.

As I said most rifles would be high powered. Semi auto or single shot has the same killing ability in the hands of someone who wants to use it as such. I don't think the AR is a military grade weapon, although it just has that look too it. Possibly made that way for appeal? I have no idea. But any decent semi auto rifle would be able to kill the same way if used that way. Some possibly even more so?

I think it's calibre is just .223/5.56mm which is as far as power goes, not a powerful bullet in comparison to larger calibers. But perhaps the AR rifle comes in larger calibers now?

Should it be banned as you say? The evidence is out there if you do ban it and others like it, it makes no difference to those who want to kill. They just find other means to do it. So I have no idea if that is the answer or would solve a thing or stop any killings. Probably not as these killers appear to plan their actions.

yes its in many calibers. .22LR , 9mm, .223, 7.62, 12 ga. etc.

In the usa when you turn legal gun owner age in your state you can/could apply for a weapon. The government will send you a WW2 stockpile M1 Garand for free. It was the John Garand Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Free (20+ years ago they were free. now they cost money)semi automatic .30-06/7.62 equiv. more powerful than a AR.

Feel better? ( edit- not free anymore)

Last edited:
Back