Well today was rough...

barrel length effects velocity of the round fired. Contributing directly to knock down force.
Very true Beak. A .22 or 9mm from a pistol will be a lot less than a rifle. But a handgun was only designed to kill or defend from people, whereas a rifle was designed to hunt originally.

you know about barrel twist(rifling)? go 9:1 in short 14" barrel, spin the bullet up real fast(in a short barrel) to increase its inertia. But have the same barrel losses in friction as a lazy 20:1 in a 28" full length.

If you did 9:1 in 28" the bullet would slow down too much. Friction. Loses velocity.

Canada has roughly 10% of US population.
Yet Canada has had maybe 15 mass shootings since forever, and USA has had that in a month.
If you're going to blame mental health, then you're all incapable of arguing this.

A faster twist 1:10 0r 1:12 is for lighter bullets which of course will travel faster. Heavier bullets need a 1:8 or 1:7 twist. For .223/556. I have no idea on other calibers.

Yet Canada has had maybe 15 mass shootings since forever, and USA has had that in a month.
If you're going to blame mental health, then you're all incapable of arguing this.
I wouldnt dare I am not a mental health expert. As I showed you last week. Other countries have similar gun access and do not have the same issues. The problem is Americans. But you blame a lump of steel.

Heres another fact for you...........In the UK legally held hand guns were banned in 1997. 25 years ago and they had an amnesty for illegals to take all out of public hands. Today there are estimated more handguns in the UK than ever.

In Northern Ireland in 1969 there were no guns except what farmers used and when the troubles started it was illegal to have one except in special circumstances. Within a few years the country was awash with handguns, assault weapons, machine guns, rocket launchers, anti aircraft weapons, explosives of all kinds in a tiny country of 1.5 million people. The military of several countries worked together to patrol its borders for arms shipments.

So the bans did what?

A single shot lever/ or bolt action will always have higher velocities than a carbine. Semi autos reuse the expanding gases to eject the spent cartridge. reducing velocities.

Revolvers have a barrel gap and just suck for everything.

I wouldnt dare I am not a mental health expert. As I showed you last week. Other countries have similar gun access and do not have the same issues. The problem is Americans. But you blame a lump of steel.

Heres another fact for you...........In the UK legally held hand guns were banned in 1997. 25 years ago and they had an amnesty for illegals to take all out of public hands. Today there are estimated more handguns in the UK than ever.

In Northern Ireland in 1969 there were no guns except what farmers used and when the troubles started it was illegal to have one except in special circumstances. Within a few years the country was awash with handguns, assault weapons, machine guns, rocket launchers, anti aircraft weapons, explosives of all kinds in a tiny country of 1.5 million people.

So the bans did what?
It's the easy acquisition FFS.
Why does Canada not have 10% of the US mass shooting numbers?
Why?
Don't tell me it's because of mental health. What a crock of shit.
US does not have a 400% or more nutcase number.

It's the easy acquisition FFS.
Why does Canada not have 10% of the US mass shooting numbers?
Why?
Don't tell me it's because of mental health. What a crock of shit.
US does not have a 400% or more nutcase number.
I just gave you two examples of where the guns were banned and even had the military and security searching for them including Canadas. So there was no ease of access. So how come the people who wanted them (criminals) got hold of exactly what they wanted and even more?

I think the world needs to find ways to make dreams come true for people. Not make nightmares a reality.

The bitter truth is that there are hard times ahead.

We who are ‘arguing’ this haven’t shot anyone.

So you’re insinuating that because a lot of criminals and a small percentage of insane people shot and killed others we’re insane?

Is that what you’re trying to say?
Spit it out Dave. Say what you really mean.

I just gave you two examples of where the guns were banned and even had the military and security searching for them including Canadas. So there was no ease of access. So how come the people who wanted them (criminals) got hold of exactly what they wanted and even more?
Your examples show nothing compared to existing US death rates.

Back