The greatest band. Ever.

seeming kind of gay is not a musical criticism .......... :rolleyes:

Absolutely a complete and total non-factor in whether music is good or not.

seeming kind of gay is not a musical criticism .......... :rolleyes:

Absolutely a complete and total non-factor in whether music is good or not.
Liberace and Elton John seem kind of gay to me. Hasn't stopped them from selling a few, though, huh?

Greatest band ever...at what? Selling records? Attracting groupies? Inspiring one guy to post on a forum? Measurements like "greatest" are meaningless without referring to some sort of unit of measurement. It's basically a "goes to 11" type of statement.

Opeth. No contest.
Enjoy, and you're welcome. :)

Opeth - Harvest
youtube.com/watch?v=EqWdCRYEZGE

Opeth - Atonement
youtube.com/watch?v=KeKUsdSD4fk

I had a listen.
I like a little psych pop.
Derivative?
Absolutely.
Original?
In part.
Beatlesque?
Some elements yes many elements no.
Twee?
Yes, but so were most of the psych bands of the early 60's - well the British ones - gnomes & such were considered fun (not by me).
Would I listen again?
Yes.

Personal favorites for any individual, just comes down to what moves them at any particular time. There is no way to define 'greatest' nor 'crappiest'. Only personal opinion.

Today, I love me some gangsta rap! lol!

NOT! SELF-:spank:

Opeth. No contest.
Enjoy, and you're welcome. :)

Opeth - Harvest
youtube.com/watch?v=EqWdCRYEZGE

Opeth - Atonement
youtube.com/watch?v=KeKUsdSD4fk

This is not necessarily a voting contest over what band you like.

Would be nice if you actually read the thread and made an appropriate comment.

Welcome Hell.

My Holy Trinity: ACDC/ Deep Purple/ Black Sabbath

Lately, Glenn Hughes pulled a great album with the Black Country Communion (1rst one) and revigorated my classic rock ideas.

I think it's because I'm an Australian that I can't take AC/DC seriously.
They were, to the minds of my generation at least, and largely as a result of seeing them on pop music television programs, a pop band. They did a rockin' good take on pop but that's what they were - along with Slade, T Rex and such like.
BCC's 1st & 2nd albums are terrrrrrific but I haven't decided about the 3rd yet.
Deep Purple did some good stuff but their lyrics were purple without being deep.
Sabs - the classic albums up to & including Sabotage are simply classic. 13? I bought it but I think it draws on too much from the 1st 3.
Beatles? I have the LPs. I have the mono mixes but, in the endthey're not a band I play often. Once or twice a decade to be honest.

I find it funny that anyone ever likes or dismisses a band based on their 'category' such as "I don't like them .... they're a pop band"
What in the hell does what people call a band have to do with the music?
Answer ..... nothing.

I hear what you're saying but it doesn't compute for me ....

I think it's because I'm an Australian that I can't take AC/DC seriously.
They were, to the minds of my generation at least, and largely as a result of seeing them on pop music television programs, a pop band. They did a rockin' good take on pop but that's what they were - along with Slade, T Rex and such like.
BCC's 1st & 2nd albums are terrrrrrific but I haven't decided about the 3rd yet.
Deep Purple did some good stuff but their lyrics were purple without being deep.
Sabs - the classic albums up to & including Sabotage are simply classic. 13? I bought it but I think it draws on too much from the 1st 3.
Beatles? I have the LPs. I have the mono mixes but, in the endthey're not a band I play often. Once or twice a decade to be honest.

I hear you on the AC/DC. I prefer the older brothers band.

I find it funny that anyone ever likes or dismisses a band based on their 'category' such as "I don't like them .... they're a pop band"
What in the hell does what people call a band have to do with the music?
Answer ..... nothing.

I hear what you're saying but it doesn't compute for me ....

I totally get it. If someone says to me, "Hey Greg, check out this tejano rap group". I'll be like, "go fuck yourself" because I know there's no way I'm gonna like it.

I totally get it. If someone says to me, "Hey Greg, check out this tejano rap group". I'll be like, "go fuck yourself" because I know there's no way I'm gonna like it.

well yeah .... but that's a pretty specific description.
But things like 'pop' or 'rock and roll' are so general and vague they're almost meaningless.

well yeah .... but that's a pretty specific description.
But things like 'pop' or 'rock and roll' are so general and vague they're almost meaningless.

I remember when I was a teenager, "commercial" was a horrible thing to call a band. Like "Their first 2 albums were great, but then they went commercial". :laughings: Usually, all it meant was that their original fans were pissed off that the band had some success and they weren't "our own little secret" any more. :D

Yeah but it's not uncommon for a band's first few albums to be very good, then they get rich, lose their edge, and the rest of their stuff sucks.

Back