The greatest band. Ever.

nice ..... but that drumbeat that opens the song you get when you go to their page is a dead ringer for "Tomorrow never Knows"

Eh ... different strokes I guess. I can respect their music (as well as Faulkner's solo stuff), and it's "fun" to listen to sometimes because of all the ear candy, but I can only take so much. It's weird ... it just seems to be lacking in substance to me. It's all fluffy and pretty and interesting, but in the end, it just runs skin deep for me.

Like I said, different strokes.

And yes, the drum beat for "The King is Half Undressed" is pretty much a straight rip of "Tomorrow Never Knows." Not condemning them for it, but ... come on guys.

nice ..... but that drumbeat that opens the song you get when you go to their page is a dead ringer for "Tomorrow never Knows"

Hehe....Funny, I was going to say the exact same thing. It's the exact same beat. But I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade. I didn't hear an original note in their music. Nothing wrong with copying the Beatles, I guess, but there's nothing new going on here.

I suppose for me, it came from just happening into a club my metal band was going to play the next week. Jellyfish was playing that night and my jaw hit the floor. I was too young to have really gotten a taste for the Beatles I suppose. Yeah, I'm only 44. Spring friggen chicken. lol!

Still, I see the cheezy thing going on with the Sturmer/Manning/Falkner stuff, but damn they pulled it off well. Maybe that is why Sturmer went to kids songs. Maybe I want to be a kid again? :D

I suppose for me, it came from just happening into a club my metal band was going to play the next week. Jellyfish was playing that night and my jaw hit the floor. I was too young to have really gotten a taste for the Beatles I suppose. Yeah, I'm only 44. Spring friggen chicken. lol!
It's all good. No need to defend why you like them. I certainly don't think they suck. But with a thread title like "The greatest band. Ever.", I hope Bongo isn't surprised that a few people (especially people that know everything the Beatles did) are a little disappointed and don't find them very original. That's all, no big woop. I actually liked the song since I love the Beatles.

I wasn't defending. Just stating what moved me.

And since you still haven't used that kazoo I sent you....

lol!

And since you still haven't used that kazoo I sent you.... !

Shit, you know I see them every day. They're sitting on my computer right beside me. I think I got so used to seeing them, that I've forgetten about them. I got to write a tune for those things. :D

Yeah, one is a regular cigar-shaped one. The other looks like a miniature, red trumpet, with the bell and everything. :)

I liked the music but then I like everything. I just couldn't avoid mentioning that the drumbeat was a direct rip from a Beatles song because it was unavoidable .... I wasn't listening for anything like that at all but it was so exactly the same I couldn't help it.

I thought everybody knew that The Monkees were the greatest band ever.....Jeez Louise!

Going on that example, I would suggest a lot more listening to music before playing the 'greatest band ever' card. They're really good but I've, personally, heard much better. Subjective opinion.

I'll throw this out there for a listen. To me, Miles Kurosky is one of the very best songwriters I've discovered in my 35 yrs on this planet, so far. Shame no one has ever heard of him. Miles Kurosky

I listened to the track on the website for about a minute before coming to the conclusion that it was really stupid. I just didn't like it at all. It seems kind of gay. :facepalm:

I listened to the track on the website for about a minute before coming to the conclusion that it was really stupid. I just didn't like it at all. It seems kind of gay. :facepalm:

Yeah, it is quite gay actually. lol. But I like it. I just found Jellyfish amazingly creative and great songwriters/performers. This coming from a guy who used to love dropping acid and listening to Helloween 'Keeper' albums on headphones to appreciate the production. I gotta do that again sometime....

I like them, pretty good stuff, a lot more like ELO than the Beagles too me, a little touch of Todd Rundgren (which is probably more wishful thinking). Isnt there a band called Oasis that sounds like them too?

Best band ever? The OP's never heard This I guess?

The Who 515 - YouTube

Back