The greatest band. Ever.

While there have been and will probably be more comments and comparisons made here, the bottom line is as has been said" there is really nothing new under the sun". Music will be made and compared to others endeavors from now until eternity. This is one reason that I believe that the Indie music scene will never vanish, there will always be those who believe a particular band or sound is the "best band ever". That being said, I will say that groups like the Beatles and Stones, Bob Dylan, Hank Williams and the list goes on, were true pioneers and without them and their work we would not have the full range of music we all enjoy today.

That being said, I will say that groups like the Beatles and Stones, Bob Dylan, Hank Williams and the list goes on, were true pioneers and without them and their work we would not have the full range of music we all enjoy today.

Nope. The Beatles loved Buddy Holly and the Everly Bros, the Stones loved Howlin' Wolf and the blues, Dylan loved Woody and Pete, Hank loved Jimmie Rodgers, Roy Acuff and the Swinging Brakemen. There was no first/best and music has been built on the bones of other music since man first banged a rock with a stick.

well yeah .... but that's a pretty specific description.
But things like 'pop' or 'rock and roll' are so general and vague they're almost meaningless.

someone once said to me, it is all pop music.
Who is the greatest band ever?
All of them.

Back