The Blues Thread....

Thanks for the comments True. It's been a couple of years since I've been able to record. That tune with Rami was at least 2 years ago. I was occupied with a band but have recently left them to build my new studio and record again. Hopefully I can get some good advice from this forum. Can't wait to get going with the recording. I have a ton of songs on the backburner and I would totally colab with Rami anytime again !!! Great all round musician. Anyways if you guys (and gals) get some kind of blues rumble going I'd be in it for shits & grins :D

Any excuse to record some music. :)

David Player at MySpace

David Player on SoundClick

true-eurt said:
And Rami, you've been holdin' out on me!!! :D You kick on those drums!!

Hehe...That could only mean one of 2 things. Either you didn't know that I'm playing drums on everything you've ever heard me post.....Or you're trying to say that I USED to be a good drummer. :eek: :p

(I remember doing this tune with Dave and Gary...I think it was the second tune I ever miced my drums for. Maybe the first, as you can tell by the sound. But the feel is there because of Dave and Gary, who really have that blues stuff down.. Good times.)

RAMI said:
Hehe...That could only mean one of 2 things. Either you didn't know that I'm playing drums on everything you've ever heard me post.....Or you're trying to say that I USED to be a good drummer. :eek: :p
LOL, no I knew you played ALL the instruments on your songs. I just meant that you were holding out on the Blues. :D

(I remember doing this tune with Dave and Gary...I think it was the second tune I ever miced my drums for. Maybe the first, as you can tell by the sound. But the feel is there because of Dave and Gary, who really have that blues stuff down.. Good times.)[/QUOTE]
It sounds well miced to me, or should that be miked? One sounds as if a gang of Mice have attacked, and the other as if a guy named Mike did. :D

There is such a chemistry betwixt you three. Man, it is so obvious!! You compliment each other.

Don't sell yourself short, your drumming kicks ass on the blues, the same as the rest of your songs. Your talent is just as full as theirs.

true-eurt said:
There is such a chemistry betwixt you three.
Betwixt!!! That's my favorite. I think that's the one with nuggatt, right? Or is it caramel? Anyway, I love chocolate.

You compliment each other.
It's true. That's why we didn't record many songs. We'd just send e-mails complimenting each other all the time. I always complimented Dave on his hair. Gary complimented him on his ass...That's when I left the project. :eek:

RAMI said:
Betwixt!!! That's my favorite. I think that's the one with nuggatt, right? Or is it caramel? Anyway, I love chocolate.
I see the ass is in smart mode today eh? :D I like chocolate too.

Rami said:
It's true. That's why we didn't record many songs. We'd just send e-mails complimenting each other all the time. I always complimented Dave on his hair. Gary complimented him on his ass...That's when I left the project. :eek:
You know what I mean............. :p

Walter. Thanks for the link. Man that's an incredible amount of songs !! :eek: You truly are a bluesman of the finest kind. FANTASTIC music !!! Randomly picked songs and they're all great. You have been blessed by the gods of the blues. WOW !!!!

I've listened to most of Walter's tunes already. This IS the blues, people. I'm surprised you haven't posted in this thread until now, Walter. For those of you who haven't heard him, go listen NOW! This is the true meaning of "one man band", not this one-track-at-a-time crap that people like me do.

thanks you guys! I never saw this thread before today. I left home as a young teen, to travel the world, often with many of the legendary bluesmen. I miss them dearly every day. There are very few left, and the new generation just doesn't get it for me. I figure myself an american folk musician, but most people call me a blues player. That is ok by me, because the blues scene has always welcomed my music. Making up my words and music, as I go along, has been a tough sell the music industry, but thanks to some great musicians plugging me, I managed to eek out a living doing this, for about 25 years. Long live the blues! Walter

Rami: thanks for that support! I am listening to your songs as I type. I like it. You do a lot for 1 guy! It brings back memories of my youth in New Jersey, and the years I spent in Austin, where all types of musicians hung together. Keep it up!

here is a link to my music. the first 8 songs, done yesterday, are with just my 1938 kalamazoo, and not the 1 man band.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=157137

That "HAHA!" wasn't meant as laughing at Walter. I just read it back and realised "HAHA!" can sound sarcastic or something. I really meant you gotta love it.:)

David Player said:
I'd be up for some fun. :D Any good backing tracks out there??
I could try to put together something simple with a drum machine and my bass, can't say when I'd get around to it though. :( Fricking work is killing me, got back just now (midnight here now, started at 8am) :mad:. Maybe someone would be willing to cannablize some tracks from one of their blues songs instead?:D

So where's all this rumble talk going? If you people are still up for the challenge I redid one of my short clips and set it up for a jam. Essentially there's not a whole lot of room for more but there is space for somebody at 1:20-250 and from 250-outro. http://hue.dmusic.com. There are some problem frequencies in the mix and I'm not sure I can iron them out. If anyone want's to have a go please let me know. Just to help the ball get rolling. The file is called Memorium jammie.

Back