The Blues Thread....

true-eurt said:
Perdicament, what did you use to get that tone, and what kind of guitar are ya playing? :)

I will take a stab and say a Stratocaster! :)
I may have to eat my words! :o

Gorty said:
I will take a stab and say a Stratocaster! :)
I may have to eat my words! :o
Maybe not, but ya got any beer to wash em down with if ya do!!!! :D

I want to know what effect pedal or pedals he used too!! :)

Aww, thanks guys. Actually that song was created right after I did this tune--->
Which is guitar made to sound like a synth... It's kinda cool, but super heavy on the effects in parts you can hear it is a guitar, but that is mostly from the style of play I supose.

But anyway, I was just screwing around w/ some of the more wierd/heavy effects on a Boss GT8. The Nothin' But Strings In My Pocket was more of a trial foolin around thing... I did 2 Tracks; 1 with the "Feedbacker" Effect which is 95% of the tune and I did the other one w/ an "Auto-Wah" effect which you hear a little in the beginning.

They were both done w/ a Strat which is a kind of a wierd Strat, Mohogany Body w/ a EMG 85 in the bridge and the Neck/Mid are single coil EMG's from a David G. Set I had in one of my other strats...

It was all recrded direct (no amp) w/ a GT8 into a Harmonic Converger into a Firepod.

And thanks so much for the compliment, being compared to David Gilmour and Robin Trower....sheesh I am certianly 'not worthy'.

Here is another one, same set up, but more to my favorite type of blues, slow and smokey...late bar room closing type feel. --->

Ahhh, I knew I knew you True.... the name sounded so familiar, but I just couldn't place it.... your on SoundClick!!! haha, I was excited when I figured that out...it was driving me nutz!

And BTW, I really liked the feel you have on that tune "Fire", that keys/guitar breakdown at the end is very 'sexy'.

Perdicament said:
Aww, thanks guys. Actually that song was created right after I did this tune--->
Which is guitar made to sound like a synth... It's kinda cool, but super heavy on the effects in parts you can hear it is a guitar, but that is mostly from the style of play I supose.

But anyway, I was just screwing around w/ some of the more wierd/heavy effects on a Boss GT8. The Nothin' But Strings In My Pocket was more of a trial foolin around thing... I did 2 Tracks; 1 with the "Feedbacker" Effect which is 95% of the tune and I did the other one w/ an "Auto-Wah" effect which you hear a little in the beginning.

They were both done w/ a Strat which is a kind of a wierd Strat, Mohogany Body w/ a EMG 85 in the bridge and the Neck/Mid are single coil EMG's from a David G. Set I had in one of my other strats...

It was all recrded direct (no amp) w/ a GT8 into a Harmonic Converger into a Firepod.

And thanks so much for the compliment, being compared to David Gilmour and Robin Trower....sheesh I am certianly 'not worthy'.

Here is another one, same set up, but more to my favorite type of blues, slow and smokey...late bar room closing type feel. --->

Thanx for the rundown Predicament!........Nice work!

I will have a listen to your other tune right now! :)

The van was already loaded up for last nights gig, and I got the urge to record yesterday afternoon, so I grabbed my harps, placed a few mics, and let loose. I often forget how much fun it is to play solo harp! THere is also a bunch with my trio, from last week, when I threw a house party, and about 500 songs as a 1 man band. Walter

the nightime scares me
It keeps raining down on me
Walking away from my stressfull life
afraid of getting old
nobody wrote the rules

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=157137

Hi -I'm glad I found this thread-my blues is funky & jazzy and.....well
you decide!!!!!

start here:

High Water

or go to my homepage below.

I have the CD for free download this month.

for you people who have well-produced "original"
CDs check here:http://neworleansradio.com-Im getting alot of play there.

Thanks.
JF

Perdicament said:
Ahhh, I knew I knew you True.... the name sounded so familiar, but I just couldn't place it.... your on SoundClick!!! haha, I was excited when I figured that out...it was driving me nutz!

And BTW, I really liked the feel you have on that tune "Fire", that keys/guitar breakdown at the end is very 'sexy'.
LOL!! I guess I better behave then!! I have been pegged!! You wouldn't be related to Snakedog AKA Special Agent James Walrus would ya?!! :D :D

Thank you so very much Perdicament!!! And thank you from the d00ds too!! They were great on this!!

That *song* fire, actually is not a complete song. My bud Choctaw and I were setting up to record, and he was setting the levels (I think that is what he was doing), anyway, he started recording without my knowledge. I was at the end of the second verse when he pressed record!!!

That breakdown was improvised, like most of my stuff is....make it up as I go. I probably couldn't do it again! I think Gorty added the sex appeal to it with his axe playing! ;)

Thanks again! I can't wait to hear the other two songs, I see you have posted...but will have to wait a bit as I have grandchildren here. Hard to listen and wrangle screaming geetars, drums and violins at the same time!! :eek: :D

1st position 12 bar Blues

As you all know by now, I'm rather remedial with 6 strings & never more than when trying to pull a lead line out of the thing. I can only get my head around where the notes are in 1st position when trying to pull a melody or lick.
Here is a simple 12 bar in 1st position that exhibits that problem.
I post it only because I love listening to bleus guitar & want to extend thsi thread's life.
The bass is a vantage
the drums a Roland TR505 machine
The guitar a Bruno Royal artist
The only additives are a little compression & the glimmer from an Onmnisonic 801 Imager.
An almost mono mix except where the 801 tweaked it.
The only thing I like about this is the occasional squeezed/pinched note.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3836202&q=hi
Cheers
rayC

Walter Tore said:
The van was already loaded up for last nights gig, and I got the urge to record yesterday afternoon, so I grabbed my harps, placed a few mics, and let loose. I often forget how much fun it is to play solo harp! THere is also a bunch with my trio, from last week, when I threw a house party, and about 500 songs as a 1 man band. Walter

the nightime scares me
It keeps raining down on me
Walking away from my stressfull life
afraid of getting old
nobody wrote the rules

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=157137
I listened to Darkness in this Land....I loved it! You have a real smooth voice Walter. Nice bluesy laid back, on the riverbank feel to it!! :) :cool:

Add Ron Greene's Guitar Solo Dial to your guitar playing.

rayc said:
As you all know by now, I'm rather remedial with 6 strings & never more than when trying to pull a lead line out of the thing. I can only get my head around where the notes are in 1st position when trying to pull a melody or lick.

To play at different blues positions on the Guitar neck this really added to my playing. As a guitar player I find interest in anything that adds to my knowledge of the instrument. It's a chart-dial (by Ron Greene) showing 5 positions in ANY key.........used for playing blues licks. I like it and it gave me a better understanding of the fingerboard. Check it out on the web it's the dial called Guitar Solo Dial there are 5 other dials offered........JUST get the one I suggested. $10

http://www.musicdials.com/guitar.html

Choctaw

rayc said:
Here is a simple 12 bar in 1st position that exhibits that problem.
I post it only because I love listening to bleus guitar & want to extend thsi thread's life.
The bass is a vantage
the drums a Roland TR505 machine
The guitar a Bruno Royal artist
The only additives are a little compression & the glimmer from an Onmnisonic 801 Imager.
An almost mono mix except where the 801 tweaked it.
The only thing I like about this is the occasional squeezed/pinched note.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3836202&q=hi
Cheers
rayC
The whole time I listened to this, I kept expecting your vocals to pop out! As I had told you before, I love the accent on your voice. You should sing on this!!

Nice little blues ditty!! 12 strings and all! Hey,a guy's only got 10 fingers!! :D :D :D
TRUE :)

johnfindlay said:
Hi -I'm glad I found this thread-my blues is funky & jazzy and.....well
you decide!!!!!

start here:

High Water

or go to my homepage below.

I have the CD for free download this month.

for you people who have well-produced "original"
CDs check here:http://neworleansradio.com-Im getting alot of play there.

Thanks.
JF
Wow!! This is great John!! Love the vocals and the guitar is hot! It is all good. I enjoyed this much!!

I would have loved a longer lead slot though!!! ;)

Who does what on this tune?

TRUE :)

Back