The Blues Thread....

Here is a blues type thing I wrote around my Birthday last August....for some reason turning 41 hit me a bit harder than turning the dreaded "four- oh" :rolleyes: ...anyways I was kinda going for a Robin Trower/Hendrix vibe on this....the vocals are weak as they are on all my tunes but what the hell...just havin' fun !
here it is:
41 Blues

variaxman said:
Here is a blues type thing I wrote around my Birthday last August....for some reason turning 41 hit me a bit harder than turning the dreaded "four- oh" :rolleyes: ...anyways I was kinda going for a Robin Trower/Hendrix vibe on this....the vocals are weak as they are on all my tunes but what the hell...just havin' fun !
here it is:
41 Blues

Hey I got my first Little Pedro and The Seedpickers newletter in my email this morning :cool:

I love the raw bluesy feel you have here. I like the reverb on the drums and the thick chunky rhythm. That solo kills too, awesome tone and playing!! Great stuff man, I really enjoyed this :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey I got my first Little Pedro and The Seedpickers newletter in my email this morning :cool:

I love the raw bluesy feel you have here. I like the reverb on the drums and the thick chunky rhythm. That solo kills too, awesome tone and playing!! Great stuff man, I really enjoyed this :D

Thanks Snake!!!Glad you dug it!!

variaxman said:
here it is:
41 Blues
Love your wailing AXE solo, and your lazy way of singing the blue!!! :D

hueseph said:
So where's all this rumble talk going? If you people are still up for the challenge I redid one of my short clips and set it up for a jam. Essentially there's not a whole lot of room for more but there is space for somebody at 1:20-250 and from 250-outro. http://hue.dmusic.com. There are some problem frequencies in the mix and I'm not sure I can iron them out. If anyone want's to have a go please let me know. Just to help the ball get rolling. The file is called Memorium jammie.
Heart and passion, heart and passion,Heart and passion, heart and passion!!!!

Hubert, what a beautiful song. I love your smooth as silk voice, and your guitar playing is EXCELLENT!!! ....TRUE

true-eurt said:
:D :D :D
hEY SEVEN STRING! Long time no type! How have you been?

Got some blues to put up?

Hi True! I've been really busy lately and just haven't had time to visit here much. First time I came back I had 4 pages of threads to read! ;)

I just bought 20 acres even further out in the middle of nowhere and tomorrow we are going to look at homes to put on it. I'm considering even putting a separate building on it for a studio. Between that and taking care of Mom I've pretty much lost all recording time. However, I have a mix that's ready for listening and I'll post it here soon. Look for it and let me know what you think of it. My son wrote it last year (when he was 15!) and it's just SO true in today's life. I think you'll like it!

true-eurt said:
oKAY mR FAST-FINGERS, you been eatin' cheetos??? :D

Some great geetar playin man! My fav is Electrifried! It rocks!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanx True for the listen! :)

I love cheetos!

7string said:
Hi True! I've been really busy lately and just haven't had time to visit here much. First time I came back I had 4 pages of threads to read! ;)

I just bought 20 acres even further out in the middle of nowhere and tomorrow we are going to look at homes to put on it. I'm considering even putting a separate building on it for a studio. Between that and taking care of Mom I've pretty much lost all recording time. However, I have a mix that's ready for listening and I'll post it here soon. Look for it and let me know what you think of it. My son wrote it last year (when he was 15!) and it's just SO true in today's life. I think you'll like it!
I will be waiting to hear your tune!!! Good luck on your home and studio!! :)

Sorry about your mom.

I listened to the latest. You have a full band rockin' on this one! You have a very unique and aggressive tone to your vocals. I'm pretty much the same, this is why I feel I can relate. Use compression on the way in to your input. Yeah, yeah, a lot of good sound engineers may sneer at that, but that is what I believe would really make your voice shine. You have a very distinctive tone, and that is what people remember most vocal-based bands or recordings by...the singer. Your style is infective, your sound is addictive, and if you went through a little compression to give some polish to the vocals, man....I don't want to even think about it....well, yes I do. I want to hear it. :) :)

Seeker of Rock said:
I listened to the latest. You have a full band rockin' on this one! You have a very unique and aggressive tone to your vocals. I'm pretty much the same, this is why I feel I can relate. Use compression on the way in to your input. Yeah, yeah, a lot of good sound engineers may sneer at that, but that is what I believe would really make your voice shine. You have a very distinctive tone, and that is what people remember most vocal-based bands or recordings by...the singer. Your style is infective, your sound is addictive, and if you went through a little compression to give some polish to the vocals, man....I don't want to even think about it....well, yes I do. I want to hear it. :) :)
Wow seeker...you are being so very kind!! Thanks a bunch!! I did not do the mix on it. I do think it was Dog, who finalized the mix with the real instruments on it. So maybe he will fiddle around with that idea . If'ins he can fiddle!! :D

Dog played bass
RAMI drums
Gorty guitar

They rawk don't they!!! :D Thanks again Seeker! :) :) :)

You said..."You have a very unique and aggressive tone to your vocals. I'm pretty much the same, this is why I feel I can relate." Where can I hear some of your vocals?

Perdicament said:
Here is the latest one I did, no vox, cause I can't sing my way out of a paper bag. Just Guitar....

You just burned a hole in my soul!!! This is absolute perfection!!!

Man, you might have strings in your pocket, but you have got some magic in the hands, that play those strings!! Your playing sounds soooooo familar. So very familar. Are you David Gilmour with a twist of Robin Trower? :D :cool:

Perdicament said:
Here is the latest one I did, no vox, cause I can't sing my way out of a paper bag. Just Guitar....

Hey Perdicament,

I love your lead guitar tone, alittle inconsistent in levels here and there, but I am listening on my pc speakers so all I am going to say is very sweet tune! :)

Gorty

Back