The Blues Thread....

robf said:
Hi all..

Please have a listen to my band's blues tracks (orginals). They are at

www.soundclick.com/bluesmix

Follow the link to MP3 music.
Let me know what you think. Feeback much appreciated!

Rob
I am going back and finding some of these tunes posted, that I missed the first time around somehow!! Man, did I ever miss a lot! This is great!

LOve that sax-axe baby!! :D

Vocals are full of emotion! Cool blues vox!!

TRUE :)

freshears said:
Hey friend girl, this was just tween you and me! :mad: :D :p ...oh well :o
You want I take it down David...I figured since it was up on Garage band for the whole world to see anyways, that ya wouldn't mind!! Hey, it is some good stuff!

You didn't say it was just tween you and me friend boy....with me ya gotta give specifics!!! :eek: :D

true-eurt said:
You want I take it down David...I figured since it was up on Garage band for the whole world to see anyways, that ya wouldn't mind!! Hey, it is some good stuff!

You didn't say it was just tween you and me friend boy....with me ya gotta give specifics!!! :eek: :D

It's all kool friend girl...check yer pm's. :D

Last edited:
New blues tracks

Hi True and All

Many thanks for your kind words here and in the email. Pleased you liked the tracks. We recorded some new stuff. You can check it out at our band website which is www.bluesmix.com Or there is an extra track at our myspace.com/bluesmix One of them (Long Way From Home) is a reworking of the sax tune you liked.

Check them out , hope you like them. Let me know what you think.

thanks
Rob

robf said:
Hi True and All

Many thanks for your kind words here and in the email. Pleased you liked the tracks. We recorded some new stuff. You can check it out at our band website which is www.bluesmix.com Or there is an extra track at our myspace.com/bluesmix One of them (Long Way From Home) is a reworking of the sax tune you liked.

thanks
Rob
Hi Rob!

I will do that, thanks for the treat!

You are very welkom
True

Rob,

I just had a listen to "Smokestack Lightning"... has the hard funky drive of Zz tops...great!! Get down kick butt blues !! :D

Your Piano Player is amazing. But so is the Sax player, the Drummer, Bass player, and yourself the Geetar player and singer. Your vocals are something else!!! I love that accent!!

"Why Did You Have To Go"....low down, slow funky....Oooooo....blues baby....all the instuments and the vocals are tightly blue....love the lead on the Guitar too!!!! :cool: This is my favorite of the three.

Liked "On My Mind" real well too. I couldn't get to the MY SPACE link with what you gave me.

TRUE :)

robf said:
Hi True and All

thanks
Rob

I really enjoyed Smokestack Lightning!.....Good stuff fellas! :)

True

Hey thanks SO much. You are the greatest! Its wonderful to hear you like the tracks. These are brand new recordings so I've not had much feedback as yet and its really great to get your comment. As for the myspace tune...here is the proper link. www.myspace.com/bluesmix

The track on there is more of a blues funk thing..let me know what you think. Thanks again!!!
Rob

Long Way is funky good. Nice horns - are they real or sampled?
Your voice sounds familiar - though the voice in my head has some FX/phasing on it I think.
The chittlin cookin' guitar keeps things moving along well. Is there wah in that groove?
All these questions so little comment.
ISGOOD
ILIKE
DOMORE
etc

Hi Ray

Thanks for the comments. The horns are real. Treated with a vintage mic and compression so it sounds a little different. Yes there is a wah guitar in the groove. Re: voice....I think what you are picking up on is that the vox are double-tracked throughout. Done naturally (ie: I resung the parts a second time). Not really much additional fx other than reverb.

Thanks again!
Rob

robf said:
Thanks Gorty!! Glad you like the track. I'm off to listen to your tunes in a bit too.

Hey robf,

I downloaded your tunes and have been listening!
Very nice playing!
I can imagine the sound and the vibe in the pub listening to you guys!

"On My Mind" and "Why Did You Have To Go?"......Very laid back!! :)

My favourite is "Smokestack Lightning"

Thanx for sharing with us!

Gorty :)

Back