The Beatles (cover) Back in the USSR

I was going to suggest you give Helter Skelter a try, then I remembered you already did, last July - here

And in doing a forum search for Helter Skelter, I found @famous beagle's thread from 2017 with a YouTube link to Paul McCartney's solo acoustic jam of Helter Skelter in the studio back in 1968. He does this really cool lyrical phrasing when he gets to "you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer, look out..".
Yea my Helter attempt was very limp and hipster like. Really did not give it its due.
I was listening to isolated USSR vox yesterday and I realized he did pronounce balalaikas correctly. All my life I thought he added an N in there.
Man I am such a hillbilly.

Yea my Helter attempt was very limp and hipster like. Really did not give it its due.
I was listening to isolated USSR vox yesterday and I realized he did pronounce balalaikas correctly. All my life I thought he added an N in there.
Man I am such a hillbilly.
You're just another Clampett in the scheme of things... :D

This is nice. Good job. Maybe a tad too hot, but it's not clipping or anything. Just a bit on the loud side.

I always try my ten year old music loving grandson - and he really liked it, but he said it's the same tempo but sounds faster. I was confused so listed to the Beatles version on Spotify and it's the same tempo (or very close) and the same key - but it does sound faster than memory says? I quite like it. PS My grandson hadn't heard of the Beatles. He's now going through their catalogue. How do kids NOT know the Beatles?

Thanks Rob. My granddaughter went thru a Beatles phase and is quite the expert now. I took her to Abbey Road on the River and one of the folks there asked her favorite Beatles song. She pondered for a minute and said The Ballad of John and Yoko. Yeah, we were all like OMG. From the mouth of babes.

Then another time we were in the car listening to the local PBS station when a Beatlesque sounding song came on. I said it sounded like them and she goes. Pa, that is Paul as The Fireman. Yeah, schooled her old man for sure that day.

Back