Manslick
Well-known member
So my OG 2488 stopped responding finally.
This happened a few years ago.
I got a new DP-24 SD a few years ago.
But recently I’ve been wanting to get to some of the OG recordings.
I removed the HD and mounted it to an interface but only two tracks were available on the FAT partition.
Tascam hids your other content.
Couldn’t find a way around that so I decided to take it in to a local repair store.
Randy asked me what it was, so we plugged it in and I demonstrated the issue.
He gave me not much encouragement that he could fix it but I said do what you can.
Few days ago he called and said information was not available on line and I said well keep trying and he said ok.
If nothing else I’ll get one on eBay.
Sucks to be blocked from my own work.
Makes me think about the recent “Right to repair” news. But that isn’t really relevant here. And Tascam states
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE
I know it’s on me for not backing up my own work.
But like Dr. McCoy said.
“I’m a musician. Not a tape-op Jim”

This happened a few years ago.
I got a new DP-24 SD a few years ago.
But recently I’ve been wanting to get to some of the OG recordings.
I removed the HD and mounted it to an interface but only two tracks were available on the FAT partition.
Tascam hids your other content.
Couldn’t find a way around that so I decided to take it in to a local repair store.
Randy asked me what it was, so we plugged it in and I demonstrated the issue.
He gave me not much encouragement that he could fix it but I said do what you can.
Few days ago he called and said information was not available on line and I said well keep trying and he said ok.
If nothing else I’ll get one on eBay.
Sucks to be blocked from my own work.
Makes me think about the recent “Right to repair” news. But that isn’t really relevant here. And Tascam states
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE
I know it’s on me for not backing up my own work.
But like Dr. McCoy said.
“I’m a musician. Not a tape-op Jim”