Helter Skelter (The Beatles Cover)

Yeah like the vocals , backing and lead vox....what are the drums? Lead guitar definitely has the vibe/tone of the original...good job! Like the ending section, sounded like a Theremin ....and the harmonized blister on my fingers..cool!

Yeah like the vocals , backing and lead vox....what are the drums? Lead guitar definitely has the vibe/tone of the original...good job! Like the ending section, sounded like a Theremin ....and the harmonized blister on my fingers..cool!
drums are my mapex. thanks

The guitar tones are nice. They're dirty and vintage sounding and fit just right.

The drums I think could benefit from new heads. The tape on the heads often sounds good live - it reduces ambient ringing and noise that is annoying - and then on the recording they lack depth. I stopped muffling drums on recordings in general.

You version is definately unique, that I like about it. But the drums IMO sounds really weird man...I dont know. The playing is not that great.

The performance is too loose to my taste. I like stuff that does not sound perfectly on time and even pitchy sometimes. But its too loose...this drum recording.

The vocals are great! But where’s the distortion man? I’m getting a bit of dissonance. On the one hand, you have these hard rock vocals and on the other, the guitars are too mellow for the song.

I really like the vibe and the vocals are great. My only crit is around the dynamics like at the start 'see you again' the vocal delivery is out and out rock and roll but the backing is puny when it should all crash in together. Beatles tunes are hard to cover so kudos overall a satisfying listen. Nice job

I think you did a good job in this cover. The drums need a little ambiance of some kind. They sound like they are in a different space in the mix.

Back