Tall Dark Stranger

Hi

First, you should put your songs available to non-members because not everybody is a member at the nowhereradio site.

I really like the sound of your new studio. The sound is more upfront and clearer, the balance is right and the stereo separation fine.

Maybe a little more reverb on the drums and less reverb (or more pre-delay) on the lead vocal of Fallin'.

/Jack Real.

scottboyher said:
Dang! I forgot to check that dang box again! Sorry..

IT has been fixed... Thanks!

Well scott, I don't listen to country, so have never heard the original, but this sounds very good. Well mixed, and very well recorded. Nice clean tones, and everything seems clear in the mix. Voice is good. Like I said, can't compare it to the original, but fits very nicely. Love that twangy electric slide that keeps coming in. Very cool.
Ed

dam, i think that sounds good

sorry, usually i'm good at nit picking but not this time

The lead vocal has a bit too much effect on it. But what ever you lilke works. I've never heard the original but yours is very entertaining. Great Job!!!

Thanks for the replies! I am suprised no one questioned the bass. I am having trouble hearing it correctly in my room.. It seems a bit mushy..

Hey man I listened to this a while ago and really liked it. You pull off the Buck Owen"s thing really well and I admire your mixing skills. Let us hear some original stuff soon.

V.

For me the vocals are a tad too quiet and the oooOOOoo's with leccy guitar after "talk dark stranger.." are a tad too loud...

Other than that this is a good well recorded piece of music...

Scott, the bass sounds clean & powerful to me on computer speakers. What kind of bass did you use & how did you record it?

THatnks for the listen guys.. I recorded the bass direct in through a V-Amp.. The guitar V-amp not bass...

I was afraid the bass was a bit mushy...

Al - I took your advise and remixed that part.. Thanks!

Back