strange noises on recorded tracks.

Spazhands

'ere mate
Hi, it has been a while since I have posted but I have a very annoying problem.
Whenever recording something or playing guitar through Revalver I get a buzz on all the low frequencies. It is fine when playing something that hasn't been recorded through my system. I have included a link to an mp3 I have done as a tester(its called Jazzy2)http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1080227

This is really frustrating as it renders my whole set up useless, as I dont know if it is my mixer or soundcard.

At first I thought it could be revalver but it does it when recording straight into Ableton with a mic.
I am using a Korg soundlink digital mixer running adat into an emu 1212m pci card and then recording in Ableton.
Any thoughts on this would be awesome..or if anyone has had any similar issues?

That is kinda' weird...sounds almost like something metallic is vibrating...heck, to me it sounds a bit like fret buzz or maybe something on the guitar itself...like when the nuts holding down the machine heads get loose...or some other piece???

Also...try eliminating each of the items in the signal chain one at a time, and see if you can narrow it down.

How about using a simple DI pedal box and bypassing all the other gear...does that remove it?

I'm sure it can be found...just work the problem. :)

Thanks for the reply! I have just eliminated the mixer by using that alone with the electric guitar into my amp and its absolutely fine. Also eliminated the guitar as it happens with other instruments too. I'm starting to think its the soundcard now on the input side of things. That test track was an acoustic guitar pitched down by the way :cool:. Will check back after more toying!

I've heard this noise before! What kind of bass is it?
Almost reminds me of a pick up that is loose in it's saddle. :confused:

:cool:

Sussed!!! It was the sample rate. The Korg mixer uses an internal rate of 48.0khz as opposed to the 41.00khz which all this time I thought it used. Sound is as clean as a whistle now, damn I am going to have to re-record everything. :rolleyes:

Back