Starting a home studio...

WreakHavocMusic

I have been buying some equipment for a small project home studio.

So far I have:
Mic (with stands and pop filter, and cable)
Tascam interface w/phantom power
studio monitors
studio headphones
fl studio 9 xxl producer edition
computer
desk

What should I invest in next? Thanks

In any case acoustic treatment would probably be a good next step, but you've been a bit vague about the gear you currently have... What mics? What monitors? etc...

more

So far I have:
studio monitors
studio headphones
computer
desk

some training to use it all the best that it can do

So far I have:
studio monitors
studio headphones
computer
desk

It looks like you have the basics. Go record something. :D

Sounds like you have the basics down! If the mic quality and monitor quality are satisfactory to you, I'd get started recording! As for the next step, some room treatment might help (if you haven't already). There's plenty of articles around here for that. After that, it's basically upgrading whatever is the weakest link! Maybe another mic...depending on what you currently have! What are you planning on recording?

Well I'm on a budget since I am also attending college at the moment.

My mic is a CAD GXL 2200 (thinking of getting another mic, maybe AKG Perception)
Studio monitors: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 (Works well for me)
Tascam US-144

Thanks for all the input, I agree on learning to use all the stuff (also need to learn how to mix). And yeah, I'm really getting into the acoustic/room treatment.

Well I'm on a budget since I am also attending college at the moment.

My mic is a CAD GXL 2200 (thinking of getting another mic, maybe AKG Perception)
Studio monitors: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 (Works well for me)
Tascam US-144

Thanks for all the input, I agee on learning to use all the stuff (also need to learn how to mix). And yeah, I'm really getting into the acoustic/room treatment.

Instead of the perception look at the MXL V67g for about $88. anywhere on the net.
If your in college look up who is in charge of the A/V dept. they are always in need of people to work (A/D team) some of the schools PAs and video equipment(most of the time it's a paying position). That way if you need to borrow a mic or any piece of gear to record it is at your disposal.

:cool:

Back