Some Help Here On My Crappy Mixing

PsychoBandito

Well heres how it's goin down
I need some help with my recording

I recorded this whole thing with crappy 60 dollar dynamic mics and a mixer that only has mono ouput into a M-Audio Firewire Solo and used cakewalk sonar

I really would like some input on this cause I really tryed for a long time getting this right and it sounded like shit whenever I started to put the bass in which is what I play

It still didn't sound all that good before with just the drums and geetar but it sounded better but something is not sounding good and I really would like some help

Do you guys think its the way I mixed it or just the mics cause I really tryed my harded and everything but I'm really frustrated by the end result

ummmmm SHIT HOW DO I POST MY SONG ON HERE
DAMNIT PLEASE POST ON HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Your gonna have to upload your song to a website, there are lots of free ones out there, and post a link to it.

On the bass, I would suggest that maybe you go directly into the sound card, I'm assuming you're micing it, maybe that would give you different results. I've never mic'ed anything, so I don't know if this is helpful or not. One thing I've noticed about recording, (I'm pretty inexperienced myself), is that how your amp is set up for playing, is not nessecarily good for recording. Like it'll sound fine for playing, but on playback it'll have too much low end.

Others here are more qualified to help than me. But you should be a little more clear on exactly how it sounds bad. Also read some of the general articles on the homerecording.com main page. Yes there's a main page! :eek: I found them very helpful in understanding the basics of recording.

Good luck. :)

yeah see the thing is I haven't been micing it cause it sounded even worse and I wonder if it has something to do with my bass being a stand up or maybe my preamp is being gay

I tryed messing with it but it sounds like shit it seen like whatever I do

PsychoBandito said:
I wonder if it has something to do with my bass being a stand up or maybe my preamp is being gay

I believe you may be right......your preamp is probably gay......

Seriously, you can't actually expect anyone to contribute anything helpful based on this extremely vague and random information. Unless of course your preamp is in fact - being gay.

Back