So it was just christmas.

Did you get rack-pretties?

• Total voters

McMajik

Did anyone who still gets christmas presents get any fancy new gear?

I got an Art Pro MPA II. It's good so far. :p

I fall into the catagory of being too old to get music gear gifts - so my wife and I have an agreement that during the year if there is something I really want or need - I just buy it.

However, this year my father-in-law gave me $300 for X-mas to use however (I have very nice in-laws) - so I have my eye on a used Anteres AVP-1 that I'll likely purchase today or tomorrow.

I got a Vox amp-plug and a gift card for Long and McQuade which I just used to buy a new triple guitar stand.

Hi,

My wife and I tend to get each other something reasonably small and then take some cash each and buy what exactly we want. Saves having to do all that tactful "Oh, lovely dear, just what I wanted" stuff when you open something you didn't actually covet... So she bought me some bottles of the Guinness in the pic and I bought the MBox 3 Pro. Works for us. :cool:

I think Father Christmas may have bought the Eleven Rack behind it last Christmas... Good old Santa seems to know just what gear I 'need' at the time. ;)

record01.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

I got the best gift of all...once all the christmas parties were over...time to record!

I haven't had time in the last 4-6 months. I don't start work again until the 23rd so I've had a solid week, and a solid two more weeks left to get some good recording done, and reacquainted with my old gear (so it's kinda new again).

The other thing taking up my time has been my new addiction to frisbee golf. but mostly recording.

I got an awesome bottle of port for Christmas and a gift card to the local music store.
Used the card to get a CAD GXL3000. Not the best, but cool and free. :)

Bought muself a nice Christmas package of a JDK R20 dual channel preamp and JDK R22 dual channel compressor. Never had outboard compression before - with one channel of each unit acting as a channel strip for vocals, vocal recordings are actually sounding "professional" now - yes, they were an expensive combination, but really made a lot of difference.

Back