Snake

fuzzsniffvoyage

None of my xlr cables are long enough to reach my inter face:mad:

So I was thinking about getting a snake to reach my recording set up.

2 Q's :facepalm:

1. Would one recommend using a snake for recording? If so what brand or specs? Personally I have used cheap XLR cables and expensive Monster cables, and can not tell a real difference.

2. TSR returns, I could use these for headphone feeds? yes?? :listeningmusic:

My take on the quality question for stuff like this is that if it's a light duty situation, i.e. you're careful and go easy on cables and connections.. this is the opposite of a live rig, decent grade stuff is fine.

The question might come down to work flow needs as much as anything. I'm right on the edge a of where a little drop' to the other room would be of any benefit, and have way more 30 and 35' foot cables than twenties'.
The TRS's can do phones. But if you might still need more spread (coverage) than that these Furman boxes have worked out real well for me
Furman HR-2 HR2 Remote Headphone Mixing Station

I agree. For a studio, if it never moves and you're not constantly plugging and unplugging, you can probably go pretty cheap. I saw some on Amazon for not a lot of money.

TRS okay for headphones.

Thanks for the replies. I thought there would be no problems with the TSR or the quality, just wanted to be extra sure.

I have plenty of 20' cables. I bought them when I was in my old house, smaller room. Didn't want to go out and buy 8-10 new 35' cables. The 50' snake will allow me to run all my cables up against the wall and no more tripping.

This is what I'm going to get then.

Pro Co StageMASTER Snake 12x4 | GuitarCenter

Or ask Henry (moresound) if he has any for sale. I just bought a 8X4 for a price I shouldn't state here. He made me an amazing deal.

I have that ProCo, and it works great. A bonus is that I can run a splitter from my headphone amp into the snake and run phones to my drums without another cable snail-trailing across the floor.

Back