Rumble III, Let's Rock!

Great sound, Insightnsound. I like the approach. :) It's got a unique sound but the overall approach strikes me as similar to mine with the tune. What happened to me was as I'd listen to the backing track I just liked the fullness of it so much that I felt more like blending into it rather than playing a more intense part on top of it.

Tim

7string said:
Wow... it's getting great reviews... wish I could hear it but I've never gotten any streaming to work on soundcrap and I refuse to sign... is it available somewhere else in mp3?

You shouldn't need to sign up. If you go to his page, there's a download mp3 button next to the song. Right click, Save As..., and you'll have it.

Insightnsound said:
A melodic approach.

These are the only notes that would go from my brain to my fingers. :D

Very nice! I'm working out a melody for it, too.

Good one Jack. I liked the trills that you used in a few spots (first at :17) that reminded me a little of Scarlatti's baroque harpsichord sonatas. :)

Tim

Very interesting to hear all the different approaches to this tune. As for myself I had a tough time coming up with anything that really went along with this clip. I'm not a blazingly fast lead player anymore (I just don't take the time to practice scales like I used to) and it shows. I've been trying to get more feeling out of my playing, trying to make myself form to the song or beat. I'm not ashamed to play three notes for a lead if that's what will make the music flow or get everyone into a groove.

This is the first time that I've picked up my electric guitar in about 10 years and I'm really enjoying it again. Thanks to everyone for posting clips that all of us can work with!

Timothy Lawler said:
Good one Jack. I liked the trills that you used in a few spots (first at :17) that reminded me a little of Scarlatti's baroque harpsichord sonatas. :)

Tim

Hi Timothy

Thanks for the feedback. I've listen to yours again and it's excellent (as the one for Rumble 2). In Rumble 4, I might try to do an acoustic one but knowing myself, I will probably choke and hide again behind a blend of distorsion.

/Jack Real.

Jack Real said:
Hi

Here is my entry. It's called "Lead for Rumble 3":

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2872&alid=-1

My fingers are not as responding as I would like them to be but it's fun to participate in those things. It makes you work on different things.

/Jack Real.

Very good job, Jack. Really liked th tone you got. It stood out very well, without detracting from the music. Cool. Sounds to me like the fingers responded very well.
Ed

Insightnsound said:
Very interesting to hear all the different approaches to this tune. As for myself I had a tough time coming up with anything that really went along with this clip. I'm not a blazingly fast lead player anymore (I just don't take the time to practice scales like I used to) and it shows. I've been trying to get more feeling out of my playing, trying to make myself form to the song or beat. I'm not ashamed to play three notes for a lead if that's what will make the music flow or get everyone into a groove.

This is the first time that I've picked up my electric guitar in about 10 years and I'm really enjoying it again. Thanks to everyone for posting clips that all of us can work with!

I totally agree with you on how interesting it is to hear so many different varieties of music played to the same background track. I'm not a lead player at all, and don't really know a scale, so hearing what people come up with is amazing for me. I never would have thought of most stuff people have played over these backing tracks. I find it great entertainment, and hopefully might even learn a little.
Ed

Hi

Thanks Dogman and APL for listening. I hope we are going to have many more entries on this one to see other variations on that theme.

/Jack Real.

I play sloppy amateur classical guitar not good enough to add one but am liking hearing them. Listened to Lawler at first cause hes nylon and my own taste but liked xfinsterx on acoustic too. After hearing the song with classical and acoustic its intersting to hear the electric stuff cause I dont usually listen to rock. Its all good. Still going through them one by on back in time.

Timothy you sound more classical on the first two solos. More pop on this one. Hope you dont rock out too much and lose that classical touch :D :D

j

jgld, lay one down. I can't play a bit of lead, yet have done all three of these things. The interaction with everyone else is the main thing. Guys like Finster and Tim, they can teach you alot. Everyone has been cool in this thing. Many styles to listen to, and then see how it was recorded. Much fun, so don't be shy.
Ed

Timothy you sound more classical on the first two solos. More pop on this one. Hope you dont rock out too much and lose that classical touch

All I can think of is a track from the CD Neck and Neck by Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler called Some Changes Made. :D That's it in a way, if you change "country" to "classical" in the lyrics. Hell, I loved Chet Atkins' playing.

Please join us and do a solo, jgld.

Tim

apl said:
You shouldn't need to sign up. If you go to his page, there's a download mp3 button next to the song. Right click, Save As..., and you'll have it.

Nope. Already tried that. It's an HTML document. I hate soundclick! :(

Thread returns. - or - Yeah, so I'm a slow thinker.

After listening to these a lot, gotta say that Lurgan, I think you kicked our asses here with that guitar and the cheapo mic. Other solos stand out to me - xfinsterx's for instance, for obvious reasons of chops and taste, Kainz for the polished phrasing, and Shiatzu's banjo solo for some reason I can't put my finger on. Think somebody else said something about it sounding uplifting, and maybe that's it. But Lurgan's to me fits the character of the backing perfectly and is completely different from its style at the same time. It propels you through the tune in a way that sounds kind of like there are hot girls dancing to it.

Tim

Last edited:
Timothy Lawler said:
Kainz, in the phrase starting around :51 the rhythm gets really interesting. Good work.

?Is this a joke or I am missing part of the song? I have only up to :45 then out.

This is friggin' awesome...so much talent. There wasn't one version that I didn't like...each so unique. I only wish I had seen this thread earlier to jump in and contribute.

All we need now is a mandolin solo!!!

?Is this a joke or I am missing part of the song? I have only up to :45 then out.

No, I'm never sarcastic except to my children. :eek:
His original totaled 1:09. Maybe he edited out the last phrase?

Kainz? Are you there? (tap, tap) is this thing on?

Tim

Back