Rumble III, Let's Rock!

Here it is guys....like i said i only know Irish Music on the Banjo ....Being Irish myself lol

Banjo Rumble

And i used a crappy £20 dynamic mic into 8 channel alesis mixer ...and boy can u tell! lol

And it is riddled with mistakes as i was in a bit of a rush to get it finished

damn, that was enjoyable. well, at least i have the second-best banjo entry in the contest...hahaha... how long have you been playing?

Congratulations to everyone - great guitar solos. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I especially dug xfinsterx's
and shiatzu's solo made me feel good about myself, like i wanted to hug someone and laugh as I drank some ice-tea.

great stuff.

shiatzu said:
damn, that was enjoyable. well, at least i have the second-best banjo entry in the contest...hahaha... how long have you been playing?

Well i learned to play the Piano first ...then got a few Mandolin Lessons....from there i taught myself the Banjo and then the Guitar ...

Very rarely play the banjo these days ....but about 7 years i think....i can play much much better but i rushed that a bit....so Tomorrow i'll maybe rerecord it and fix the mistakes...

Glad you liked it :)

lurgan liar said:
Here it is guys....like i said i only know Irish Music on the Banjo ....Being Irish myself lol

Banjo Rumble

And i used a crappy £20 dynamic mic into 8 channel alesis mixer ...and boy can u tell! lol

Heh, that was neat.

Banjo

Shiatzu, you got a beautiful tone from the banjo. Are you plucking with your fingertips or fingerpicks? Sounds almost like nylon strings it's so mellow. That 990 can get a goods sound. Second entry this time around that used it.

Lurgan Liar, again an excellent tone. Those triplets that roll through the tune make it hard to keep the feet still. Doesn't sound hampered by the dynamic mic at all.

Tim

i just use my fingers, i found finger picks to be really uncomfortable.. thanks for the compliment on the sound, maybe in a few years i'll have the technique to match.

Honestly, I have no idea why the 990 has such a bad rep; I use it for pretty much everything and I've never been dissatisfied with the results. I guess it's more of a QC issue and maybe i lucked into a good one.

Lbanks, since we're fellow wine lovers, I had a glass (large) while listening to your solo again - but this time on a system that could do the ballsy low end tone justice. Enjoyed it.

Tim

lurgan liar said:

Banjo Rumble

That was cool! :D

shiatzu said:
ok, i decided to play by the rules and did up a quick 'n' dirty 1st take improv dual solo.

Very nice. I like the tone on both guitars. How did you get it?
Ed

believe it or not, i used my lespaul goldtop through guitar rig... I'm primarily a keyboard player so I never really saw the value in getting a real guitar setup; plus i live in an apartment...

So I am fairly new to this board and I just stumbled onto this thread. It looks like alot of fun, are you guys ready to let anybody in on this? I would like to see what I can do.

Hey metalhead28.....go for it...i'm relatively new to this forum board myself and everyone is welcome to add their solo's ....

I'm looking forward to hearing it :)

Timothy Lawler said:
Lbanks, since we're fellow wine lovers, I had a glass (large) while listening to your solo again - but this time on a system that could do the ballsy low end tone justice. Enjoyed it.

Tim
Thankee, sir! :)

Lurgan Liar said:
go for it...i'm relatively new to this forum board myself and everyone is welcome to add their solo's ....

Hey, wait a minute... you mean you posted your solo without going through the written application process?? :eek: :eek:

Tim

metalhead28 said:
So I am fairly new to this board and I just stumbled onto this thread. It looks like alot of fun, are you guys ready to let anybody in on this? I would like to see what I can do.
Anybody, anything. Got a cowbell? Mine is out of gas, but I'll play it when it's full.
ED

Lurgan liar, I was just listening to your two solos back to back and was struck with a thought. The styles are pretty much opposites, but there's a sense of the traditional music, or an influence by it, in the way you play the elec gtr. Anybody else hear it?... Maybe I'm just superimposing my own thoughts onto the music. Ha. :D

The whole stylistic influence thing of traditional music - or an older generation's popular music - on someone younger makes me think of the later Lennon/McCartney tunes that have a distinct resemblance in their writing to the pop music of the 40's their parents likely listened to - and they themselves grew up probably thinking was lame. A few White Album songs come to mind like Honey Pie, Obla-di, Goodnight, Martha My Dear, I Will.

Just a thought.

Tim

Back