recording studioooooooooo

jr714oc

hello everyone.......

ok me and some friends we rap soo we went to my friends house to record but when i got there he only had a computer and like a lil mixer a mic and speackers....... what kind of stuff did he use?....can i get the same stuff and record at my home?...i have a computer and a soundcard...i just need the other stuff that i need to record?....

can anyone tell me what do i need to start rapping and record demos and edit?

thank you everyone.......

Sound Card.... M-Audio audiophile 24/96 $100.00

Free recording software..... Audacity or Kystal Audio Engine. do a search on the internet.

small mixer for your mic pre's and phantom power. you can find one for $100.00

Condensor mic and pop screen...... you can also find this for around $200.00

Mic stand..... $25.00

some cables to connect them all together.....

Now where you purchase is up to you....

Just remember jr, just because you have the same equipment that guy had does not mean you'll have the talent to make the song sound good. It took me just over a year to get songs to sound decent, still far from big studios but good enough to put on local shows and for quality demos. I started off with pretty good stuff and I still sucked, so as long as you have the time and dedication to learn it may not be a bad idea to have your own studio, however if that guy does a good job for you, you may want to consider letting him continue recording you. Think about it do you really wanna take time away from your music to learn the ins and outs of a studio.

Back