radio signal on track

n8tron

I just got done recording a great acoustic guitar and vocal track just to find out there is radio on one of the guitar tracks. RAAGGGEEE!!! I have such a problem with this through my monitors but it has never come through on a track!! but now i've checked everything and I can't find why its doing this! any tips/suggestions?

was it recorded onto the track? if it was, you're stuck with it.

if it wasn't make sure all your balanced gear is staying balanced. Depending on what monitors you're using, make sure you use TRS or XLR cables running to them. Same thing with microphones...use XLR cables. A balanced system with propershielding should help get rid of or reduce any RFI (radio frequency interference)

yeah unfortunately its stuck on their. it seems to come and go which is weird. yesterday I was recording again and it wasn't their at all. Unfortuantely it was incredibly windy out and that picked up on the mics. ugh its so frustrating. I have all the equipment I need to record just not the right space!

I remember an interview with Rage Against the Machine about "Sleep Now in the Fire." I think they said the radio effect at the end came from one of the bassist's pedals picking up a radio station. I thought it sounded pretty cool actually. :)

Back