quiet sound

readytowok

Buddies I just got a new BEHRINGER FIREPOWER FCA610(Audiophile 6 In/10 Out,24-Bit/96kHz Firewire/usb). So problem is when I send signal to jack trs 3/4out then back to jack trs3/4in I get quieter signal. I need some limiter to fix that or what ?why this happened.

I do not know the problem is in cabling , because I use a cable length of 3 meters
And when I said that I need a limiter I mean hardware limiter.And I'm going to buy at shorter cable soon

another question - I have mono compressor presonus comp16 (it is necessary to set it up to the limiter ) , and that if I will divide the signal to the left and right channels, and pass through the compressor.
Then join in the stereo left and right channels . will there phasing issues ??

Thanks for answers.

Why are you sending out and immediately back in?

You probably would see phase issues, why not combine the Left/Right like you suggest, into a mono signal before the Comp16, and send that out as a single mono signal and use it that way? You're going to lose the stereo signal anyway, so having two mono signals after the Comp16 isn't doing you any good anyway.

I don't know why the OP is sending that signal back either Pinks but you might have hit the proverbial nail with the word "phase"?
It is possible that the return signal is mixing with another out of phase. Maybe a miss wired TRS lead or Behringer have fucked up?

But a word about cables. It is obvious from the original query that it is thought that the length of an audio cable has some bearing on the strength of the signal? For any ordinary use it does not. The cable would have to be several kilometres long for its resistance to create even 6dB of loss at low and middle frequencies. There would be a significant loss at HF, past 8kHz say but even this would depend upon the driving source impedance. A high quality 50W power amp for instance could drive the next town with almost perfect fidelity. (assuming it remained stable, not a given!)

So, bottom line. For audio cables and modern equipment forget cable length it does not matter. Naturally the longer a cable is the more likely it could pick up noise but balanced cables can be very long indeed and noise free. Unbalance cables should be limited to about 5mtrs but could be much longer in many circumstances.

Dave.

Back