problem with my soundcard, please help!

dark_iscariot

Hello everyone,
when i use my built-in soundcard to record with line-in, the metronome i use (midi) while recording is also recorded slightly at a low volume in the background.

in other words:

the sound-output is somehow recorded when i record with line-in. im really confused, ive tried to update the drivers...

the soundcards name is realtek ac'97

any thoughts appreciated!

Double click the little speaker down by the clock.
Click Options .... then properties .... then select "Adjust volume for" "Recording" .... place a check mark at all of the selections for "Show the following volume controls" ... now click OK.
Now make sure Line In is selected with a check mark. You may have Stereo Mix selected instead of Line In. That would cause the bleed, unless you are using a mic and it is capturing the metronome from the speakers or leakage from headphones. My guess would be that Line In is not selected.

im sorry but neither helped. line-in is marked. ive tried turning sound off, for every option in soundoutput but somehow the sound-output is recorded in the background when i only intend to have my line-in recorded.

Do you have more than one soundcard in your computer?
Are you sure that you are setting the recording controls and not the playback controls?
If you followed my above directions exactly and the Realtek is the only sound device in your system .... your Recording Control mixer applet should look quite similar to the picture below.
If in fact you are setting it correctly and you still get the bleed of other audio ... Then the onboard sound chip (Realtek AC97) has some serious flaws. Only to be corrected with a new soundcard.

Attachments

• AC97.jpg
    AC97.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 59
yes sadly enough that was my first thought when i recognized the problem and i guess thats the way it is then...
thanks for the help anyway

I currently have this same peice of shit soundcard and i have the exact same problem. When i record through the mic input however there is no bleed from the wave output. Have you managed to resolve this problem as of yet dark_iscariot? if so please post what fixed.

Back