Pearl Eliminator double pedal....... Good bye!

dreib

I bought this thing I suppose 3 or 4 years ago, and have never liked it so its been in its case most of the time. I recently got it out to try and set it up again ,but screw it I guess Im too stupid to figure it out.

Anyway Im gonna take this weekend as trade bait but what i really would like is to trade for a comparable dw double pedal.

If anyone is interested in a straight up swap...hit me up.

Ive always used dw before I bought the eliminator which was a huge mistake. In fact right now im using a cheapo pearl pedal that came with a export set I bought a few years back. For the life of me I cannot get anything that feels right outta that eliminator, Ive tried every cam, moved every freakin thing I could, and it always equals shit.

Ive tested just about every pedal out there including the cobra and they all felt good, I guess I just wanna go back to what I know? I just wanna put the beater on maybe adjust the action and play.

Im going to have 4 guitar centers and 4 music go rounds to hit up so I should be able to come up with something. Actually, since the pedal I have now works fine, I may just trade for anything that catches my eye that I need. All I know is that Eliminator is going to be eliminated from collection of gear!

I used to use the DW ones. Not even close to the feel of the IC. But we all have a preference. Go with what feels good to you. Though, the Cobras are the shizzle. :)

Well then, Im going to have to give those a harder look I suppose. But then would I have to dig the Tama kit out of the corner of my basement or could I just use them on the Pearl kit? I dont wanna upset the drum gods? Ive always considered dw stuff universal.

I've used DW pedals and IC's. I think DW's are clumsy and sloppy compared to IC's, and DW's build quality isn't that great. Their stands and hardware are fine, their pedals are kind of junky.

I've used DW pedals and IC's. I think DW's are clumsy and sloppy compared to IC's, and DW's build quality isn't that great. Their stands and hardware are fine, their pedals are kind of junky.

Agreed. DW pedals lack the strength in construction. Some swear by them, but they are probably pussy foot dudes who have sensitive toes. The Iron Cobras are indestructible, yet very responsive. If playing rock, go IC. It playing jazz, well you would already have an opinion.

Agreed. DW pedals lack the strength in construction. Some swear by them, but they are probably pussy foot dudes who have sensitive toes. The Iron Cobras are indestructible, yet very responsive. If playing rock, go IC. It playing jazz, well you would already have an opinion.

Sensitive toes allow you to do single foot triplets. Ask some pussy foot drummers like Ian Paice, Stave Gadd, Carter Beauford, Dave Weckl (yes, some do use a double pedal), and the highly over rated demi-god, Bonham. Using your quads to smash a head is a poor substitution for technique.

Sensitive toes allow you to do single foot triplets. Ask some pussy foot drummers like Ian Paice, Stave Gadd, Carter Beauford, Dave Weckl (yes, some do use a double pedal), and the highly over rated demi-god, Bonham. Using your quads to smash a head is a poor substitution for technique.

Didn't mean to offend. Just an opinion of mine, based on my experience in the genre I play in, and expressing my opinion to the OP. I have no ill will for those who play well. This is not the Weckl forum however. By the way, I purchased one of his drum tutorials years ago..

Hmm, I doubt I'll be doing any single foot triplets but if I did I doubt it would have anything to do with the brand of pedal I was playing, it would just be dumb luck!

We'll see what happens I may not find anything I like. If so, I'll go for mics instead.

Sensitive toes allow you to do single foot triplets. Ask some pussy foot drummers like Ian Paice, Stave Gadd, Carter Beauford, Dave Weckl .

I would ask them if I knew who they were. Have they made any relevant music in the past 20 years?

I would ask them if I knew who they were. Have they made any relevant music in the past 20 years?
Relevent to whom? Relevence is in the ears of the listener. Is your music relevent to the people who like my music? Is mine to yours? Doubtful. I don't know how old you are, or where you draw your influences from, but if you don't know the people I've mentioned, then you're missing a world of drumming knowledge. Are you truly a drummer, or a recording engineer who dabbles in drums? There's nothing wrong with the latter, but you may want to broaden your field of knowledge in the art and history of drumming. It will benefit both you and your music.

Didn't mean to offend. Just an opinion of mine, based on my experience in the genre I play in, and expressing my opinion to the OP. I have no ill will for those who play well. This is not the Weckl forum however. By the way, I purchased one of his drum tutorials years ago..
No offence taken. I didn't mean to imply that you don't play well. But to be a well rounded drummer, you have to be able to do it all. Can I? Absolutetly not, but I'm passable in most styles except heavy double kick stuff. I hate to mention another name that Greg won't know, but Vinnie Colliutta is the man. He's played with everyone from Megadeath to Zappa to Sting. Look him up. Sorry for my attitude, but I have learned after too many years that if you are going to be a drummer, you have to do it all. If only so you can say to yourself that you are a drummer. Your pedal doesn't make the foot.

Relevent to whom? Relevence is in the ears of the listener. Is your music relevent to the people who like my music? Is mine to yours? Doubtful. I don't know how old you are, or where you draw your influences from, but if you don't know the people I've mentioned, then you're missing a world of drumming knowledge. Are you truly a drummer, or a recording engineer who dabbles in drums? There's nothing wrong with the latter, but you may want to broaden your field of knowledge in the art and history of drumming. It will benefit both you and your music.

Lol @ this guy. It's hilarious to me that you really sit there and think that anyone that doesn't share your drumming influences must be musically stunted or not a real drummer. I guess pompous musical snobbery isn't only for guitarists, huh? :laughings:

you have to be able to do it all. Can I? Absolutetly not, but I'm passable in most styles except heavy double kick stuff.

Then how the hell can you form a judgement, and then give advice to someone looking for a quality double kick pedal? I'm not the one who neg repped you, but you surely deserve it for your posts here. It is cool to have an opinion. We all do. But don't throw one out if you have nothing valid to offer man.

I am sure we will get past this, and look forward to learning from you in the future. Just let this one go Bongoboy.

Welcome to HR man. :)

Jimmy

So anyway I did come across a older cobra pedal but it was beat to shit so I passed. GC had numerous dw display pedals, but of course they wanted too much for em IMO. My eliminator was not worth much in trade which i figured would be the case so I still got it. Guess I'll ebay it.

Im the worlds best drummer so everyone shut up.

That was a joke.

Even an older cobra is still worth the cash man as long as it wasn't totally seized up. They clean up real nice. The cobra coils they are sticking on them now are not necessary (and honesty not having them I have no clue how they affect the feel of the pedal).

Back