Noise

TMS

Hello,

How would you describe the background noise in following sound file?

Gear:
Guitar >>> mono cable >>> GT-100 >>> mono cable >>>> Roland quad capture = Noise
I thought that something wrong with my guitar pick-ups, but there is no noise when I plug the guitar straight into Quad-capture.

Please help!

TMS

Sounds like you have it turned up way to loud. You don't need to record it at full volume, you record it clean and can boost the volume later.

Is thats all? Too much vol??
Ohhh... thought its a ground loop or something or my unit is not working properly...
Thank you polarity!!!
Such relief :)

Use a gate. The noise does not get louder, so I assume you don't have the GT100 compression turned on. Surprised the GT100 does not have a built-in gate, maybe they call it something else, like the NS1/NS2 (not sure what that is).

Use a gate. The noise does not get louder, so I assume you don't have the GT100 compression turned on. Surprised the GT100 does not have a built-in gate, maybe they call it something else, like the NS1/NS2 (not sure what that is).

Thank you for your reply, Mike.
It is called NS1/NS2, you were right.
I adjusted the vol level and could get better tone.
But at the lower vol some kind of pc noise starts to come out. I guess its always there :(
I haven't tried the USB option yet...

Tried.
The pc noise is gone when connecting GT straight to the pc (through USB).
Looks like I can not use the option where GT is connected to the interface.
Means, will have to switch devices in DAW every time I want to listen through interface and record through GT.

This is the noise when GT is plugged directly into interface - Noise

Back