New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi I'm ONYX, I've been playing guitar and writing music for 12 years, going to singing lessons for 9 years. I've been in a couple of bands, none of which have stuck. I've recently started my own brain-child and I'm having a lot of fun with my bandmates as we navigate this new project! I prefer to sing and perform - no guitar - but I'm comfortable singing and playing guitar. I have been a professional funeral singer for the past 6 years. People always ask me how I am able to do it - I love everything creepy and weird. Funerals don't make me sad unless I personally knew the person who passed away. It's easy money because I'm getting paid for what I love to do. I'm a barista at Starbucks which helps pay the bills and buys any new equipment that catches my eye. I stopped performing my own set in 2020 due to the pandemic. I am feeling apprehension getting back into it, but since I am getting older and I am tired of being a barista - I have decided to enroll in school. I'm currently going to the Los Angeles Film School for Music Production. I became inspired to pursue production because my cousin is successfully working as a producer, and in 2020 I wanted to take my first steps into recording the music I was writing. I have yet to dip my toes into it. I've recently purchased a lot more storage for my digital devices as a first step into saving my projects online. Currently, all of my projects are living in my notebooks - waiting for the day that they will be recorded. During Christmas in 2023, I cleaned out my parents' storage shed in the hopes of building my own at-home studio. Being enrolled in school will help me fill that studio up with equipment, and I hope to absorb as much knowledge from the members of this forum as I can! I am very fresh to the digital side of music, and I am filled with hope knowing that there is so much out there for me to learn. I am ready to become the best music producer that I can be!

Hi I'm Dave. I've been playing guitar for years and love playing bass, can sing a bit and am only now learning to play keyboards.
Recorded an album a couple of years ago and half way through the 2nd. Self taught at mixing so always looking to improve, and mastering, that's tricky.
I use a 10 year old i7 PC, Windows 10 with 32GB RAM which works seamlessly with Cubase 12, as I generally track through the interface (RME BabyfacePro) zero latency. Probably need a new 'puter soon when Windows 10 bites the dust.
Always looking to improve, help out if I can, and hear what folks are up to.

Welcome Dave,

At this point I'm going to keep my audio computer with Win10, and try 0Patch. It's not a computer I use to just browse the internet. I need to be able to upload to Google Drive and use Gmail for collaborating. Occasionally, pulling up a Youtube video for reference and get updates for other stuff. I have other computers for my browsing.

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
hello to everybody
I m Nrhoven .I am a proffesional musician and for the last 3 years I am trying to make my own music with ableton.Edm ,house etc.
have a nice day

Hi I'm Dave. I've been playing guitar for years and love playing bass, can sing a bit and am only now learning to play keyboards.
Recorded an album a couple of years ago and half way through the 2nd. Self taught at mixing so always looking to improve, and mastering, that's tricky.
I use a 10 year old i7 PC, Windows 10 with 32GB RAM which works seamlessly with Cubase 12, as I generally track through the interface (RME BabyfacePro) zero latency. Probably need a new 'puter soon when Windows 10 bites the dust.
Always looking to improve, help out if I can, and hear what folks are up to.
Hi Dave, another one here. I also run W10 and have no intention of moving to 11. I very much doubt you will need to either. If you have your PC running the way you want it you could "air gap" it from the internet and never have another problem. Should you need a basic W11 machine for 'office' work and internet you could buy a modest laptop.

"They" told us Win 7 would be useless and catch fire a bit after 8 came out (and wasn't THAT ***T?!) but my W7 HP still goes on the net at least once a week and is fine if I am careful. (I wasn't a few weeks ago but soon fixed it)

Dave.

Hi Other Dave
. I also run W10 and have no intention of moving to 11.
I suppose we've got 18 months or so to decide, but I'm pretty happy as well as things are, suspect the motherboard might give out though.

I must be that rare entity, a defender of Windows 8 (or 8.1 anyway). Windows 8 was a horror to behold for sure but when 8.1 came along and I used Classic Shell to get W7 interface, it actually worked really well with Cubase .

IMG_2286.jpegIMG_2287.jpegI’ve been a recording enthusiast and professional luthier since 1974. Many of my guitars have been on Grammy nominated and winning records. Many famous players own and use my guitars. I’ve become known from my ability to make an acoustic guitar that rules in the studio with world class tone and perfect balance. My clients include: Wilco, Widespread Panic, REM, North Mississippi Allstars, Carl Perkins, Joe Walsh, James Burton, Jorma Kaukonen,The Drive-by Truckers, Futurebirds, My Morning Jacket, Butch Walker, Buddy Miller, are just a few.

My passion has always been recording and producing records. I started out with a TEAC 3340 and a tapco mixer. These days I am using a hybrid system that features an API console along with two sidecars I built. Currently, I track through Protools and then mix to Harrison Mixbus.

Here is a track recorded this way.

Hi guys my name is Tj I'm based in Panama city Panama
Hopefully I can contribute with my knowledge in recording studios and software

I'm a computer systems engineer and I have a business on Instagram www.instagram.com/cuidatuestudiodegrabacion

I'm an expert in all things recording studio, computers, software, synths, sound packages and plugins and available almost 24/7 to fix whatever problem you have!!!

Thanks for making me feel welcome to this forum

Hi guys my name is Tj I'm based in Panama city Panama
Hopefully I can contribute with my knowledge in recording studios and software

I'm a computer systems engineer and I have a business on Instagram www.instagram.com/cuidatuestudiodegrabacion

I'm an expert in all things recording studio, computers, software, synths, sound packages and plugins and available almost 24/7 to fix whatever problem you have!!!

Thanks for making me feel welcome to this forum
Sweet! Thank you and welcome to the forum!

We could really use a recording software expert here.

You should really take your business link there into your signature line. It is not allowed to promote directly in posts. It is considered spam.

Totally cool to have a link in your profile though. Many of us have businesses here. It's just not allowed to freely advertise.

Cheers!

Back