New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi gang! I'm Tom from San Antonio, TX. I've been a music nut for many years (over 60 now). I play guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard and in the last few years have gotten into recording and making music. I'm a basic rock and blues fan and love re-making renditions of classic tunes. My singng lacks but I'm working on it. I've been using Mixcraft as my DAW for about 4 years now and it's a great inexpensive piece of software with an abundance of features. There are numerous free plug-ins out there that I have played with and some are quite good. I hesitated to get into the expensive stuff right off the bat (money being the primary issue) until I knew more about recording, mixing and mastering. I have some posts under T-Guitar on the mIxcraft Live site T-Guitar: audio files . Would appreciate a listen and let me know what you think. I've also entered the GerafestPuremix contest (you can find my name Tom Heinzinger) and enjoyed putting that together. This forum should be a great place to work and learn. Looking forward to everyone's participation and reviews.

Hi guys, I'm Melvin (aka Milfje). I'm currently 20 years, from the Netherlands, and still a bit green when it comes to audio engineering. I came here through a google search, trying to find a review about a microphone and immediately liked the community. I saw a post about someone having problems with the same mixer I own, so I registered to be able to respond and maybe even help :).

I'm currently 'the sound guy' for a coverband, in which my girlfriend does backing vocals and I'm still learning a lot about audio, but it's an immensely interesting topic that has really gripped me (and makes me spend all my spare money after the bills are paid). At the same time a friend of mine has made his first steps in producing songs, so we spend a lot of weekends recording, editing and plainly having fun with audio.

I hope I pick up some tips and tricks here!

DocRock saiz "hell-o" ;-)
Glad, I found this site!!! Music is accompanying me since I formed my first words (one, two, one-two-three-four...)! I'm 35 years old, and recently got a Tascam Dm3200, the heartpiece to my homerecording studio. It still is just a hobby, but who knows... I am really excited about the things I am hopefully going to learn here; so this is for hello - in a second we'll meet in the question-area :-D
kind regards
DocRock

Hey Everyone

My name is Alex, currently having a project studio called Jeddr (which is a dutch dialect spoken in the Belgian area around Ghent, meaning "he's there!"). I'm not a professional, just a recording fanatic.
It all started at the age of 16, when my old school hardcore band recorded it's first EP. And it's been going downhill from that point: spending way to much money and time on this hobby. But I guess ;ost of us while recognise this.

Anyways, I landed on this site due to the puremix mixing contest.

All the best,
Alex

Hows it going everybody?

Name is Cory. I have been recording on a Roland 1824 for some time and now just made the jump to Pro Tools 10. With all this new information and computer based skills I need I'm finding it hard to know where to start. Im overwhelmed to say the least. Just thought I'd join here hopefully for some help. I want to become a good recording engineer to assist my songwriting and such.

Cory
CoryWaltersMusic.com

Hi everyone! My name is... not important :D. I've been sorta trying to record folk metal songs in the recent time by using the little knowledge I have of recording... and I'm hoping to improve :D. I must admit this site is the most useful I've found so far.

Cheers to all out there :)!

New to the site My name is Ray a lot of friends call me BigPlay. Just started writing music again. Recently bought me a Studio Pro 16.0.2 and Studio One 2.5. DAW. Now to get the advice I need to make some decent recordings.

Hey,

I'm Jerry, 1st time on this forum, just registered last night. I play guitar after work. Stupit question: Do you guys know how to post a new post?

Many thanks!

Welcome Jerry!

Open up any forum from the home page (select the one that best suits your question), and there is a blue 'Post New Thread' button on the top left. :)

Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum. I'm a newbie at recording myself and haven't even really started recording anything yet. We did purchase pro tools 8 recently and have only used it a couple times so far on our drummer's mac, as I can't get it to work correctly on my PC. I'm thinking of getting a stand-alone recording device b/c I've been looking around on this forum and I'm completely overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Plus I'm not very good with computers. Anyway, just wanted to make a first post. This is an awesome site. I'm sure it we be even more helpful to me in the future.

Welcome Tom! I'm glad you like this website! If you are unable to get Pro Tools 8 to work properly with your PC, try asking in the Newbies section of the forum, the members of HomeRecording would be more than happy to help you with the problem. Hope to see you around more in HomeRecording!

I all, as you can see by my join date I have been "lurking" around here for almost a year. I am just getting back in to music after a 20+ years of being out. I started in 89 with Midi sequencers, that is what actually got me into computers. Dropped out in the early 90's to focus on my career. Now, kids are grown and I no longer have a career, just a job, so I am taking another run it. Never too late I always say.

Have a few songs on soundcloud under dm60, they are kind of rough, but there is soo much to learn. Hopefully, I can get through the learning curve and make good music in the process.

Look forward to the interaction.

I all, as you can see by my join date I have been "lurking" around here for almost a year. I am just getting back in to music after a 20+ years of being out. I started in 89 with Midi sequencers, that is what actually got me into computers. Dropped out in the early 90's to focus on my career. Now, kids are grown and I no longer have a career, just a job, so I am taking another run it. Never too late I always say.

Have a few songs on soundcloud under dm60, they are kind of rough, but there is soo much to learn. Hopefully, I can get through the learning curve and make good music in the process.

Look forward to the interaction.

Well, that sounds familiar. lol

I say in humor, that I record other peoples broken dreams now. He He. I still play, but have a family and business, that doesn't allow me time to rehearse with whiney juvenile musicians. :)

Welcome to the next chapter in your life man. :D

Hi, I'm Love_Metal. I'm a Lady singer and sort of musician who wants to learn how to record herself singing and hopefully find some interesting peeps to talk to and learn from. :)

My name is Obunda , I am newbie and also love music and very passionate about it i want to step up my own recording studio sooon and be the Best in My country.. I hope this site will be of help .... Blessed bless to all newbies and members on here chasing their dreams.

Well, that sounds familiar. lol

I say in humor, that I record other peoples broken dreams now. He He. I still play, but have a family and business, that doesn't allow me time to rehearse with whiney juvenile musicians. :)

Welcome to the next chapter in your life man. :D

Thanks, we will see how this goes. As soon as I get my skills up to speed, I will more than likely go in that direction of producing and recording others rather than myself. Right now, just getting the feel of how it all works.

I am using Ableton, good software, but it is more focused on EDM. I purchased Reaper recently, but I am still working through the learning curve on that software. My full objective is how to get the next generation into "content creation" rather than "content consumption". With Reaper being so cheap, and AD's being rather inexpensive (lower end), cost should not be an hurdle. Just the problem of learning. I think this site will be a good tool for not only me to learn, but as a resource to direct others.

Hi guys, I am Fotis and i live in Greece.
I am working with FL Studio since 2008 and i want to improve myself
in beatmaking and mixing but unfortunately i don't have the right equipment.
I hope i'll learn some stuff in here,thanks for your time!

Back