New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, I'm Michael.
I love trop-rock music.
I started playing guitar in 2000 at 28, writing songs, hoping to get better and one day record them.
Now, 13 years later I hope to finally start recording, not to be famous but just for me, my family and friends, and to have some fun doing it.

I don't remember if I ever filled this out.
anyway,mid 40's guy north of Nashville,been @ the game for a while.
decent home studio w/ too much gear.
rock & roll redneck.
Marshalls & Les Pauls-FTW
that's about it.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I am known as DivinexRose, but you're more than welcome to call me Jasmine, or Jazzy.

I have been into the mixing world for more than two years now, and I've recently graduated from the Audio Institute of America. I'm aiming to get into the Recording Institute, as well as sharpen my skills as an audio engineer. I would very much appreciate any helpful tips and information, because this is a dream of mine, and I want to get better.

Yes I did

You mean you hate 'The Cave'. Did you not read the warning?

LOL ive dealt with forums like that trolls like that sites like that for about 13 years now. I knew what was expected and I knew what I was getting into when I went down in that area but still if people want to act like shits online for their own personal amusement the blame lies squarely with their dumbasses not the new people posting their thoughts.

Unless new members are automatically pegged as scapegoats here when they veer into that forbidden territory here. ;)

There is fair warning man!

Perhaps the title should read;

"The Cave - abandon hope ye who enter here"

I ended up in the cave once. i'm in no rush to do so again :p

HA love that much better warning and I too dont intend on being down there much id rather converse with people worth a shit not people who are shit. :rolleyes: :D

LOL ive dealt with forums like that trolls like that sites like that for about 13 years now. I knew what was expected and I knew what I was getting into when I went down in that area but still if people want to act like shits online for their own personal amusement the blame lies squarely with their dumbasses not the new people posting their thoughts.

Unless new members are automatically pegged as scapegoats here when they veer into that forbidden territory here. ;)

A fair number of the cave hombres long ago gave up recording, if they ever did any... it's pretty much grumpy town these days. Unfortunately most of the opposing forces got banned. Used to be a fun place, now it's mostly dullsville - people posting links to newspaper articles to make some point or other. You'll work out who to talk to in time.

Who neg repped you?

Hey All,

Just a guy and my main squeeze in Morro Bay, California. I'm in my mid 60's and just trying to set up a little home studio in the bedroom of our tiny house. It'll be built around a Boss BR-800 and Reaper. I play a little guitar and bass but no keys. What I'd really like to do is get together a bar band to play around town a lil bit... But alas, at this age everyone has either been playing for 50 yrs and a pro, or they just don't seem to have the interest in getting together, so I'll try and make my own 'one-man-band'.
What I'd love to see somewhere, is a tutorial on how to create a song from start to finish including some vocals. I have the DVD that explains the BR-800 and I have some Reaper tutorials but most of them are way over my head at this point. I think a beginning 'how to create a song' type vid or series of tutorials would be awesome and a great help to those just starting out with home recording!
Meanwhile, I'll keep reading and fumbling along trying to learn my gear and get better at my instruments...

radio

Hey all,
My name's Taylor, and I'm an Audio Production student at MCC in AZ. Joined up for the mixing competition thread, but I have a feeling I'll stick around, there seems to be a ton of good advice around here :D

Hello, me is raffael ands graturated sound engineering last year, i create beats and mix music. I joined up for the mixing contest but i have a feeling to stick arround as well. See if i can learn some things here.

Hi guys :)

Hi everyone, my name's Nelly and i like singing. Unfortunately i've never took singing lessons, but i think i will soon. I also play the guitar and sometimes, when i'm inspired, i write songs.

They call me Guitoad.

At least me daughter does when we play Rock Band. I'm a totally amatuer man-cave dwelling guitar playing recording novice. I just like messing around with my MRS1608 recording song ideas and such for personal use.

New here, and to the world of recording. I've been lurking for about a year but now, Ima be a trollin' :facepalm:

I've been playing percussion for about 25yrs, but fancy myself a second year drummer. Recording is becoming an obsession and quite the challenge. I'll be here to read and learn, hopefully for everyone's sake, my opinions don't find the keyboard. Thanks for havin me....

Howdy folks! I go by JTand have had a fondness for twirling buttons and knobs since I started taking things apart as a toddler. I like hard rock, jazz, progressive and even some classical music now and then. I've been using Cakewalk since version 2.0, write, play guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and eventually I'll get serious about keyboards too. I like it loud, but I take care of my ears too. I'm here to learn, and help out when I can.I've got a few weeksa or months dialing in the physical plant here, then I'm looking to collaborate. in my opinion, its not music until there's at least two minds working on it.

Hey fellow home recordists. My name is Alek, i live in Montreal and i love dogs. I found out about the site from the Gearfest mix contest that's going on right now. I've entered the contest so i thought that i might as well join here and participate to the discussion. Anyways, seems like a pretty cool online community, much more easy going than another forum that we all know about, hehe... Anyways, see you on some threads. ;)

Hi Im Jo! From darwin australia. I record with cool edit pro, play guitar and drums, compose with the free notation editor Musink (http://musink.net), and experiment with midi lots. Im not the best at evrything I do but I love doin it. Keen to meet simlar people :)

Back