New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey Fam! I'm Doris from the DMV area (Northern VA) and I'm here to just spread the word about my local music makers (Underground Hip Hop). I have a few musically talented friends that could really use the exposure! I've browsed the form and you guys seem like some pretty cool folks.

I'm looking forward to any discussions, tips, criticism, etc!

I hope I am not disrespecting the forum by joining to get some exposure! Peace and Love

Just joined, and know nothing about recording. I'm a (very) amateur guitar player, with delusions of adequacy. I primarily want to record my practice sessions, but I would also like to record some of my own music. I have a Korg MONOTRON synthesizer that I like to play around with, that I would like to use for backing tracks, along with some drums.

I've had a long time interest in all things audio, so recording is kind of the next phase, I guess.

Hey all, I'm Paul. I'm a singer/songwriter who plays multiple instruments. I'm here mostly for recording advice, I'm trying to keep my focus on making music and less so on the details of recording (I'm more of a push the red button and go type of guy) however I've been running into issues that affect my ability to make quality recordings so I decided to join your forum to soak up whatever advice and wisdom I can. Thanks!

Another new and great thread and yes I am new here. I am just overwhelmed at all the amazing people and places. I expect to make any and all newbie mistakes. As an old and dear friend of mine used to say, "I'm pedalin as fast as I can!". Any help and advice is always welcome and if I may help anyone I will.
Tom

Hi members!

I'm recording music at home and after that sell them on shop or local market by different means. I found this forum via Google and sea related threads which help me in many topic. so joint it.

Hi folks, the names Dave J, I'm based in the UK and I came up musically with the great British blues revival of the sixties I haven't done any recording of any sort since the 80's, so home studio, DAW, midi are all alien terms to me ! but I have some of the technological wonders available, a couple of DAW's, mics, a small USB mixer etc. I play acoustic blues guitar [standard/slide] , blues harp and some piano and I used to sing, but a serious throat illness stopped the voice for a long time, now I feel I can can get back into it, although having just one vocal chord means I've sort of had to retrain from "blues shouter" to more of a "blues crooner" and I'd like to record a few blues songs and blues based stuff of my own and just see where it goes.
I'm interested in recording "live" adding harp, piano or whatever later, I've already done a few very rough songs just to feel my way around, plus there is "auto double tracking" and midi, possibly for bass lines. I was for many years the sound engineer for a local folk club and I've been "0n the desk" for such people as Martin Simpson, Planxty, Nic Jones, Dave Swarbrick etc. so the mixing side of things shouldn't be too difficult, it the "getting it in" that I need to get into ! !

Hi all!

Brian here from the Huntsville, AL area. I've been playing electric guitar in bands for over 20 years and within the last couple years became interested in mixing and production as another hobby. Within the last year I've really gotten into it, using Reaper and various plugin sets and techniques that I've learned. Principally been involved on another site (not sure the etiquette talking about other forums) who was running a year-long mixing contest, one mix contest per month. Had a blast and learned a TON. Recently found out about homerecording.com via a PureMix contest announcement and figured I'd join 'yet another' forum. :>

Wanted to add that I consider my main mixing influences to the Dave Pensado and recently Ken Lewis. Probably mainly because these two guys freely give their knowledge to the community, which is a HUGE benefit in shortening the learning curve!

Hi, my name's Jarred and I'm a 16 year old guitarist with a huge opportunity but I'm having lots of trouble. That's why I've joined this forum in search of needed help. I don't have a lot of money and I have the chance to sell my music to an online record label but struggling with the recording process.

Hey I'm Simon, I write Instrumental rock music because I cant sing. Some say its 'post rock' but I think I do some things a little differently. I'm a very average musician and an even worse 'home-record-er'. I just want to see what I can do better.

i am rahul. i registered just to find out if i need an audio interface to use a usb midi controller keyboard ?.
(note: i won't be using any other devices like mixer or microphone.)

Hi my name is Rich and i am new to recording,i have a small 10 by 14 ft treated room and my equipment is a older sweetwater creation station,a tascam us 2000 and some different condenser mics.i am wanting to start recording and mixing

Hello there...

I'm a local musician in Louisville, Ky. My band, Rifle, has recorded in a couple of pro studios in the past, but I've never been satisfied with the sound. I think this is mostly due to the fact that all we could afford was a day of recording and a day of mixing. So, I saved my pennies and got a Zoom R16 and downloaded Reaper. We've recorded an album's worth of material and now I'm in the middle of taking my time with the mixing and slowly, and clumsily, learning how difficult and subjective mastering can be.

I joined up here to take advantage of the wealth of experience represented by all you recording fanatics!

-Jet

Last edited:
I'm Mixtape Meeko. I do producing and mixing. I also do a little music video production, album covers, you name it. On here to share and learn with other creative individuals.

Hey Jet

Just joined the forum - this is my first post! Like you, I too use the ZoomR16 and love it. Have been using it for about two years and stilling learning things it can do -- including compression! Although I did get Cubebase with the Zoom, I had been using CakeWalk so I've stayed with that but promise myself take a plung into Cubebase.

Harry

Hello,
My name is Tom. I recently joined HomeRecording and am looking forward to all it has to offer. Hopefully I can offer some things in return.
All in all, just glad to be here!
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Dick, and I joined this forum, simply because I love homerecording. I'm a vocalist mainly, and started singing American Songbook like songs to backing tracks, but recently restarted making cover songs.
I hope to find useful information on mixing, recording etc. Maybe I can even find musicians to collaborate with?

Ciao
Dick

How are you all...Very weird its like introducing myself at an AA meeting...My names snails23 and yes I'm a muso-hollikk.
I love making music weather its on a gat or on the keys. The only prob is that I have pro-tools and Im not very computer tech
if you know what I mean so I've been doing alot of my recording with garage band. I wish I had the brain to take in what a recording
engineer does but I don't so I have to resort to other studios alot of the time if I want to get a quality demo done. Im a post producer,
composer, producer trying to find ways of making a living with what I do best. I've been a payed contract song-writer for the past year
now for a ten track album but my contract will be finishing by the end of May....So what do I do now...wait....I don't think sooo. My goal
is to keep writing songs either pop, r&b, k-pop, country or what ever genre, make it catchy and commercial, get them demo'd properly,
then send them off hopefully to the right hands (or agent) that will get it to the right producer who would want their artist's to record the demo.
If anyone can help me in any way to get to my goal please reply to this message......Again, my names snails23 and I'm a muso-hollick!!!!

HI all!

My name is Walt (Stage Name Wally G). Started a band when I was 11 and played almost every weekend for 40 yrs. Retired the band in 1996, started flying in 1994. Just sold the 2002 Cirrus SR22 airplane 2 weeks ago and now I'm back full circle (at age 68) getting back into music. I think this forum is great and although I'm an Electronic Design Engineer (Integrated Circuit Designer) I'm finding a wealth of knowledge in the posts to bring me up to speed in building my home music room.

Walt

Back