New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello i am from Denmark, i am a recordingholic,i am a Big fan of "Bang&Olufsen" casettedeck "Beocord 5500",made in Denmark,i have 2 of Them

Hello,

My name is Drew. I am a musician who enjoys performing and writing. It's all as a hobby for me. I play several instruments: Trumpet/Cornet, Classical Guitar (old Yamaha from a thrift shop), Jazz Guitar (Ibanez AS73), Bass Guitar (Dean 5-string), a little keyboard, and my best is vocals.

My set-up:

2008 MacPro: 6Gb RAM, Dual Quad-Core Xeon, 2Tb storage
OSX Mountain Lion
Oxygen49 Keyboard & Control Surface
Korg NanoKontrol (mini control surface)
Korg PadKontrol (drum pad)
Yamaha HS80M monitors
Focusrite Saffire (an OLD one) soon to be replaced by
[on order: Presonus Audiobox USB]

My software: I'm a BIG fan of Propellerheads Reason. There is just nothing like it anywhere else.
I have a copy of Studio One v2.5 Producer on the way, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I like ballads, dub step, new age, classical.
Everything I do is for my own entertainment. Having said that, I would like to eventually have enough quality material to release an album's worth.

Interests other than music: Books (not just reading either, I enjoy history & craft of books), Fountain Pens, Photography, Trains

Hello, I'm James, a London-based songwriter. I've been home recording for years on various combinations of instruments and software, but I've just started a new project, doing wistful pop stuff. I've basically been winging it for years, so this place looks like a really good resource for learning about how to do things properly once and for all.

I admit I found this place looking for somewhere to promote my new song, but just got hit with the 'no links before ten posts' rule. This is of course sensible, and reinforces my initial impressions that this is a serious and well-maintained forum. Hope I can contribute and learn something!

Hi all my name is Til, I have a Zoom R24 recorder, a newer laptop, some cords,3 dynamic mikes, Cubase software, 2 keyboards a bunch of harmonicas an 18'x20' garage for a recording room that needs work and a tight budget. I hope to glean what can from you here create some music. The studio to be 001.JPG

Aaaand... another one...

Hi!

My name is Pedro, I'm 26 and I'm from Portugal.

I'm an amateur... musician, that is. My musical formation is on the piano (I'm no jordan Rudess, though...) but I can also play a few things on the drums/percussion and bass, plus 2 or 3 chords on a guitar. O also "studied" the trombone for like 2 months and I know how to play the C major scale in a sax. So yeah, I'm kind like a jack of all trades, master of none.
I play in a philarmonic band in the percussion section (told you...) but I play the piano when needed. I also play on folclore group... a percussion instrument... again...

I'm not an expert in this home recording stuff, but I know the basics... I think...

My gear is as follows:

- Spiritfolio SX mixer
- Roland Rd 700 SX
- Roland JV1080
- Novation Ultranova
- Focusrtie 2i2
- 2x Roland CM30

(no, I'm not a Roland fanboy; in fact, I want a Korg Kronos. Not asking much, am I?)

All this gear is not yet properly connected (is this the correct term to use?). The point is to connect it all to the mixer and send from there to the interface so I can record on my pc. And this is my first big question: how to connect all this? What forum section can I use to ask this?

Thank you!

Have a nice day!

edit: I noticed a link in the novation ultranova... I didn't place it there, it showed up by itself...

Hi everybody, I'm new here and pretty new to home recording, I'm currently a guitarist for a local singer songwriter but most of my home recording falls into the realm of power metal/ AOR. looking to learn more about how to make better recordings, also currently a student in Full Sail's online Bachelors of music production program.

Hi everybody, I'm new here and pretty new to home recording, I'm currently a guitarist for a local singer songwriter but most of my home recording falls into the realm of power metal/ AOR. looking to learn more about how to make better recordings, also currently a student in Full Sail's online Bachelors of music production program.

Welcome to the site bcoz! How is that going for you man? The Full Sail program? I am curious, about the program myself.

Jimmy

Welcome to the site bcoz! How is that going for you man? The Full Sail program? I am curious, about the program myself.

Jimmy

Its a pretty good program, just a few months in and mostly have taken music theory and entertainment business classes, can't wait to get to the actual recording classes. They have been focusing a lot on how to actually get a job which is really good, I'll actually be starting an internship with a local (pro) studio soon.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to home recording! I'm an opera singer and classical pianist. I just purchased a Yamaha MOX6 and work with a Macbook Pro, Logic, and FP-7 and hoping to figure out all this stuff. I'm into both acoustic recording and digital recording (doing classical arrangements). I also have a Petrof 9'2 concert grand and Zoom H4n for acoustic recording purposes.

I know I have lots to learn and hopefully everyone will be patient with my stupid questions :rolleyes:

Greetings!

Hi Folks!

40 years old musician turning into an engineer/producer by necessity. I will be mixing/mastering my latest album soon and so I'm currently learning tons of stuff at the moment. Getting a pretty good grasp already I think. Can't wait to get some experience going on here (waiting for my raw recording sessions in the mail in the next few days).

I will be posting my question in the appropriate place right after these words!

Great ressource this forum is!! Thanks to all in advance!

:thumbs up:

Erick

Hello I'm Ryszard. I'm a beginner who try to learn audio (music) production. I hope to learn this skill from a folks with expiriance in that area.

The name's Tyler, still in high school, im obsessed with EDM. want to learn about recording and production. im the only person i know in my area that actually wants to learn about this stuff. surrounded by rednecks. newbie. hi.

Hi to everyone. Isn't the internet great!!! I am a 66 year old that had to retire from playing my music in the mid 80's. I developed the dreaded singers nodes that no singer ever wants to have. 3 years ago I bought some karaoke discs and headed to the garage. I do dugout the ole equipment, added some new and started working on my vocals again after 35 years. It took almost a year to come back and is still a little rough but they are good enough to sing a few old country songs. The last 2 winters I have wintered in south Texas and have been jamming like a 25 year old. I'm back in heaven but with a tad bit older voice.

I recently found and old Tascam 414 mkii that an old friend had and am playing with now. I am so fortunate to find a forum like this one to find a few answers. If I get this one figured out I will probably do a big upgrade and see what happens.

Thanks for the forum and hope to visit with you all from time to time. I have already enjoyed listening to some of your recordings you have posted. Keep them coming.

Dad

Greetings! I came here simply looking for the answer to a problem I was having with my newly purchased gear. I'm a complete beginner and I really don't know the first thing about recording audio, but I'm eager to learn! You lot were so friendly and helpful, so I thought I'd stick around.

Hello all! I'm a musician who enjoys recording his own (and occasionally other's) work. I came to this forum because I have a question about some audio interface, but I think I'll be sticking around to learn as much as I can from here. I play acoustic and hollow-body guitar, several types of whistles and I enjoy singing, too. See you around!

What's up yall. I'm a guitarist just starting out with recording. I know next to nothing and want to learn as much as I can this looks like an awesome community and I'm excited about being here. Take care and I'll be see ya on the boards!

Poser of the revolution here.
Been half-assing shit since 1984, (tascam porta3, tascam 688...macbook pro with audacity & focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp & virtual dj)

but really appreciate the passion & intelligence of the serious engineers on here (just can't track all the info)

Hi i'm Nicholas and extremely new to the recording world. so i'm here to learn any and every aspect of the craft and i know i'm in the right place and around the right people to help me reach the level i want to be. any help will be greatly appreciated. and i'll be looking forward to do couple of project with some of u guys. special thanks to the creator of this site. {feed a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you've feed him for life}:thumbs up:

Back