New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi, I'm Tim. I've been an acoustic and electric bass guitarist for a lot of years gigging in church and with various bands. (I even did a couple of year stint playing tenor banjo in a 20 piece orchestra that included 15 tenor banjos.) I've been learning Band-In-A-Box and have been frustrated with the arrangements. So I figure since I play guitar and bass (and a couple other things) and sing a bit, I could supplement the BIAB arrangements with my own tracks. So getting involved with learning how to record instruments and vocals and how to work with my new DAW, Studio One Artist. Looking forward to all the great help I know will be coming out of homerecording.com. Thanks in advance. You've been a help already.

Hello everyone,
Newbie engineer here. Also produce music. Really looking forward to learn all I can here and hopefully one day be able to give back to the blog with my knowledge.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to home recording :)

Been playing drums for approx. 15 years now and done the whole gigging/bands thing.
Still playing with 3 bands (I guess drummers are hard to come by!).

I'm really interested in recording techniques, home recording, sound and all that jazz.

Looking to get some good tips and advise off this forum!

Appreciate what I've been reading already :)

Greetings, HR-ites. I'm Rich_S. I've been doing some research about home studios and recording, and after following some trail of links that I don't remember, I ended up here.

I'm active online in various forums inlcuding TDPRI, Seymour Duncan, and The Gear Page, all using the name Rich_S.

I've been a musician all my life, starting in church at age 7. Took up the guitar at 14, played in various bands all through high school and college. Gear geek by nature, I've lately spent more time building my amp and various stomp boxes tha actually playing the guitar. I'm a hardcore Telecaster guy, with lots of effects, stuck firmly in that '80s post-new-wave sound. Andy Summers, James Honeyman-Scott, Johnny Marr, and Elliott Easton are my guitar gods, though I acknowledge and enjoy the "classic" guys, too: Townsend, Page, Blackmore.

I have a bit of recording experience, though the last thing I engineered was in 1986, on a Tascam 246. I've digitized the old cassette demo tape, and will post a link as soon as I get my 10. Ever since then, I've planned on putting together a home studio but never quite got around to it. More recently, my son (16) has taken up bass and put together a band with his friends from school. Then a buddy gave us a Zoom HD-8 hard disk studio, but we still didn't get around to putting a studio together. Finally, an old friend from my college band days asked if I'd be interested in adding some guitars to her electronic/loopy Acid-recorded songs. So, it's finally time to get off my butt and turn the accumulated junk I have lying around into a primitive family-room studio. I hope my son & his buddies will get involved in setting it up and using it. It's easier to justify any investment to Mrs_S if it "for the kids".

I'm sure I'll be here asking lots of stupid questions.

Edit: Here's a link to my old recordings with The YaYas: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=814589 More detail in post #686 in the "Post Your Analog Recordings" thread.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my name is Nate and I do live sound for a living. Worked in a recording studio a while ago and have been recording since I was 16. Started on a tascam 4 track like many did in the 90's and went from there. I am still in love with analog and miss the big two inch tape machines. Just starting to get into recording on a computer. Currently use a tascam 2488 but need more inputs so the computer seems the way to go. Real glad I came across this forum. There is some real good information here that has already helped me considerably. Looking forward to the discussions in here. Cheers to y'all

Hi fellas, im Pierre and I just started producing my brother's composition. He studies music, I want to run a business, 1+1=2 so here I am trying the learn the basics of home recording.
see ya guys out there!

Hello Everyone My name is Floyd, I started playing drums when I was 12, Had to quit because of kids, Started back up in my mid 50's..Now I want to learn recording my drums.. This site is great, thanks for it.

Good to see you all. MY name is Johny Hathaway and i love guitars. They are the best tools of losing stress. I feel so much relieved whenever i play them.

Hi all,

First post here; I've been a long time lurker and this forum helped me pick my first condenser mic and usb audio interface. Purchased an AKG 220 and Saffire 6 USB and looking forward to learning more!

Hi my nane is bob and I have just got back into singing and playing guitar and would like to find out about recording. This seem like te right place for the help I will need. thanks bob

Back