New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey my name is Jay I'm a aspiring hip-hop producer and artist. I signed up for this site because though I aspire to be a producer I don't know the basics. I really don't want to have to go to school to learn how to work in my own studio. This year I promised myself I would learn how to record no, and master music. I can use all the help I can get.
I guess my first question is

What's the first thing I need to know about recording? I've been in the studio and had myself recorded but was in aww of how much you have to know. Where do I start to get a better understanding

Hey my name is Jay I'm a aspiring hip-hop producer and artist. I signed up for this site because though I aspire to be a producer I don't know the basics. I really don't want to have to go to school to learn how to work in my own studio. This year I promised myself I would learn how to record no, and master music. I can use all the help I can get.
I guess my first question is

What's the first thing I need to know about recording? I've been in the studio and had myself recorded but was in aww of how much you have to know. Where do I start to get a better understanding

Read the 'Stickies' in this forum. Google the hell out of everything you wish to know. Educate yourself as much as you can before making any purchases.

Then, come back here with specific questions.

:)

Welcome to HR Jay!

First post on this site! I'm sure I know some of you as BANDWIDTH on AK and TH. Looking forward to some lively exchange with vintage analog freaks here! RTR is my primary source. Cassette, vinyl and CD also, in that order. Thanks in advance for the support!

Hi there,

New to this forum (obviously). My name is Neil Fellowes and I am a UK based electronic music composer/performer. I've been releasing material under the monicker of Geigertek since 2008 (3 albums and 1 E.P. with a 4th album under way) though I soon to start using my own name.

I have a software/hardware home studio comprising Korg, Yamaha, Alesis, Roland, Kawai and Novation synths and Digitech, Boss, Vestax, Behringer and Alesis effects, running through a Mackie 12 channel mixer and Peavey 24 channel console, with a Lexicon Omega interface going into a Windows 7 PC. I use Reaper 4 (64 bit) as my DAW and have a stack of soft synths/effects/sample packs from the likes of Arturia, Novation, Hollow Sun, Cluster Sound, Tubeohm, Xhun Audio , Minimal System Instruments etc.

Looking forward to learning new stuff here :-)

Hello :)

My name is Hendry and right now I feel like im introducing myself in an AA meeting :D I'm a swedish song writer and I have a three-piece band called Blackhat. We're a small band mostly doing our own analog recordings and performing whenever we get the chance. I mostly want to learn more about analog recording from this forum but I like to browse around checking out other peoples music and what's going on in general.

Nice to meet ya :)

Hello,
Nico, age 74 (march 29), radio/electronics man, radio amateur, amateur classical singer, recorded classical performances (singing, choir, piano, organ etc.) directly in 2ch. stereo with mixer on DVD HDD recorder + 1 or 2 video camera's. As i allways was flat-out tired after that, got help from someone wit Korch 888 and recorded/editted sucessfuly Xmas male choir concert into CD and DVD from students evening of my singing teacher.
Saved monye and buyed 2nd hand US-1800. Cant register Cubase (allready registered) and have still drop-outs when using an eMacines laptop (dual core 2GHz, 3GB, SSD, Vista 32bit) even after 2 days digging in setups of Cubase and Vista. Seems to work fine in my desktop W7 64bit dual core 3.2GHz 8GB SSD. Will ask in forum for suggestions.

Greetings, Nico.

Hi, i'm Erik. I'm a professional musician and I'm starting to take my home studio to the next level. I'm hoping to get a little advice and direction from this forum.
Thanks.

Hey all! My name's Greg Troyan! I'm the lead singer for an awesome band called Lipstick! We're based out of Nashville and recently did a little studio project with Billy Morris (formerly of Warrant and Quiet Riot). I'm hoping to meet some other musicians and learn more about recording, share my experiences, make some new friends and all that good stuff! Life's a giant adventure! Hope to become friends with all of ya real soon!

-GT

Hi all. My name is greg. I play as well as record. Recently my buddy was given a number of items for his studio that he and I work together in recording our bands and other bands.
One of the items is a Tascam 16 track reel to reel and we want to use it for recording, but it is turning out that finding 1 inch tape is harder than I initially thought. I joined here in hopes to find out more info about tape availability (besides ebay).

Thanks

--

Hello. I'm gfswolf. I am glad this forum exists. I'm trying to learn how to record my music and hope this forum can help.

Well thought I'd say hello. I am not a "musician" IE I don't play an instrument or sing. However I do all the mixing/recording at our church. Now going to make a home 'control" room to mix in and hopefully produce some Cds for some of the groups and soloist that sing at our church. I've done a few songs on headphones only and so far people like what they hear. This seems like a good site for LOTS of info!

Hello everyone! Just became a member today. However, I have been lurking for about six months before I registered and found so many helpful and knowledgeable people. I don't have much experience with audio production but reading sites like these have been very helpful. I would like to thank you all. My mbox just arrived and everything is installed. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hello folks, I used to do lots of PC recording until my PC became outdated. I got frustrated and stopped a few years back. I'm building a new PC and decided to join here. I hope I can get some guidance in my new build so that I don't make any mistakes this time around. Happy to be a part of the community!

Hello everybody! AAS Electronics/Computers, class of '81; CISCO Internetworking, 2000. Promoter and songwriter who wanted to do some recording of my songs (to express how the lyrics were written to be sang) and to assist friends with their songwriting and recording needs. It's basically a hobby until the money starts flowing in. It does start flowing in, right? :-) hahahaaaaa! My set-up includes a Tascam DP-24, a Behringer MIC2200 two channel (yes, both channels work perfectly!) tube mic pre-amp, and the bells and whistles. Hoping to make some good acquaintances and some professional contacts along with discussion of the various recording equipment out there and how to make it all better!

Hi,
I'm Patrick and I've just bought my first pieces of equipment to start recording. As I'm not a professional musician, nor do I think my music will go viral and I'm old school (61), I decided to go the tape route. I'm trying to recreate the LoFi sound of the blues records of the 30's. Here's a list of my stuff:
Tascam 414 MKii - 4 track
AT3035 - mic
ART Tube Pac - mic preamp
Alesis Microverb - reverb
MacBook with Audacity
I'm going to record vocals and resophonic guitar with one mic, live no overdubs. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great forum.

Hi, I'm Jerry. Hi, Patrick. I'm older school than you at 67. I play clarinet and just bought a Casio 7500 keyboard to finally learn chords, provide accompaniment, and record practice sessions. I will be selecting a suitable mic among four that I'm I trying out next week. The phantom power I'll be using is part of a 5-channel Alto mini mixer/equalizer. This may not be the perfect combination of equipment, but it will be fun learning how to put together a usable combination.

Hey guys im a noob! haha looking forward to posting all sorts of problems and solving other ppl's:thumbs up: (after i get good at it that is).

lew

Back