New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Greetings, producers!

Hi!!!!!!!! :D I'm Lainey and my artist name is Spinney Lainey. I am very new to producing, as I have only been doing it for about two weeks but already love it and have a real passion for music, in particular, progressive psytrance. I have been playing the flute since the age of 8 and even did a classical music degree. Since that, I have been collaborating with various psytrance producers in creating and releasing tracks. You can listen to my music at:

Soundcloud - search for Spinney Lainey
Facebook - search for Spinney Lainey
(I'm not allowed to post URLs yet)

It is my desire to be able to create tracks that are produced by me, as well as playing flute on them, that has lead me to learn to produce. I hope one day, I will be releasing psytrance tracks, with flute, created entirely by me!

Hello Everyone

hello every one my name is tracey, and im a artist and producer. i write my own music, i make my own beats, and can record my self but still trying to further my knowledge on that end. im located in charlotte nc and would like to work on my mixtape so if there is anyone who knows someone in charlotte that has a good studio and quality then please refer me to them. other than that im glad to have signed up and i hope to recieve alot of information here. if anyone would like to check out my music and give me a few pointers then the link is on my profile.

Hey guys! My name is Nick Welton, rapper name is Toeless, and im from Seattle, Washington! My close friend and I decided to start rapping about a year ago and have had a lot of fun doing it. I'm the main producer of our group. I haven't gotten to the level of making my own beats yet because well, I'm not very talented with those kinds of instruments. I do, however, find my beats online and write my own lyrics. I'm figuring out more and more things every time I record a track. I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. It's the program that one of my friends used and he got me into it. It's pretty user-friendly and I get some good quality sounds out of it. If anyone has any advice or tips to help me sound better, that'd be great! The page to my music is in my signature below, glad to be here amongst fellow music lovers!

Hello,
I am Kjell and I record music at home.
I am pretty young I suppose (14 within about 5 weeks 15) for having music production (recording/mixing/mastering) as a hobby.
I've got my first studio 'gear-piece' (my interface) somewhere in september but I have got a set of active studio monitors and a Shure SM58 in the time after that. (Sorry for my sentence structure.)

Hi. My name is Steven. I'm a photographer and avid musician. Play guitar, sax, and sing. I'm trying build a simple but effective homerecording setup where I can mix "live" sounding acoustic singer-songwriter tracks. Cheers!

Hi all,

I'm Kidd, a hobby musician in the UK. I play a number of instruments including the piano and drums and have taken upon myself to be the record producer for the band I play drums in as well. We've done a few very basic recordings in my home "studio", but I'm looking to up my game. I will be converting a room in my new house into a dedicated recording / mixing studio in the near future and so I will be calling on all the experts in this forum for help and advice both for studio design and mixing.

Cheers and I look forward to speaking to you all.
Kidd

I'd love to get feedback on some tunes, but alas I need to have 10 posts before I can post my link....wtf??? Fuck this shit!

Can the moderators delete my account so I don't get spammed for eternity...thanks

Hi , I begun making music when I´ve got a neurological disease , a way to not go in depression I think .
I making EAM in REAPER and Audio-Mulch .
I´ve just started to build my little home studio .
On my profile I have a link to my homepage if someone is interested to listen to my music .
But the first reason I joined this forum is to learn how to handle (and to build) a home studio. :)

Hi all!

I'm old, 55 years of old age. I won't go through the whole long boring story, but here's the high points...

I am a programmer, currently an embedded systems programmer. But I've been through lots of iterations of learning and relearning operating systems and programming languages. That's how I feed me now. I have also been an electronics R&D tech in a past life, and sort of come full circle because there's a lot of that involved in my embedded systems work.

Music wise, I have been playing since I was about 15. You wouldn't know it from listening to me, but I've been busy with lots of other life things over the past 30 years. I am now in a situation to focus on my first true loves, music and electronics. And the ADD has subsided a bit. :laughings:

I sing, play guitar, acoustic and electric, harmonica and piano/keyboards. I came here to, hopefully, learn as much as possible about current audio recording technology. I'm very interested in both hardware and software.

I am just begining to build a small home studio. I have a Fostex MR-8, actually had this for a while, just purchased a Allen and Heath ZED FX12 and have a decent laptop. Only thing missing I think is a good DAW. The ZED comes with SONAR X1 LE so we'll see how that works out. I chose the ZED for the pedigree and I believe it will lend itself to both performance and recording.

I am also working up a live solo act in hopes of playing small local venues. I have been involved in a local 4-5 piece garage style blues/classic rock cover band over the last ten years. We played maybe a gig or two a month and mostly benefit gigs. We pretty much disbanded about a year ago. And last but not least I am most interested in moving towards the singer/song writer path. I have written a bit but it's been a long time. Again, we'll see how that goes.

Long winded as I am, das me!

tkitEZ,
Rick

I joined a while back but I have been side tracked for a while.

I've been playing guitar since 1970. I've built and modded a couple of amplifiers and effects. I have a music degree and an electronics degree. I use Sonar Producer7 and Windows XP.

I always thought I had a good ear for a "mix" until I started to record some tracks at home. Sometimes I can't believe how disappointed I am when playing something back. I was "sure" it sounded good when I played/recorded it a second ago :-)

I can't sing a note............so all of my tracks are guitar based instrumentals (very self indulgent, but it's only a hobby). I am always trying to get a better sound and improve things.

I usually create tracks of tunes to jam along with when my buddies are too busy. Occasionally I try to finish something as a challenge to myself and to see if I am improving as a player and recording engineer/producer.

Since I engineer, record, mix, and play all of the instrments (bass and guitars use midi drums and keyboards) I find it difficult to critique my work.

How can I post an MP3 and get some feedback from others here?

Ross

Hey! My name is Stef. I'm 18 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
I recently got into home recording..... well like for half a year now I guess.
I'm playing guitar and I like singing so that's bassicly what I'm recording at home.
I'm still very new to all of the home recording stuff.... not really an expert in choosing the right equipment and stuff :p
So I thought...let's find a nice forum to get some information and maybe share some of my experiences with my home recording "studio".
Well, see ya around!

Well, I just started working with a new Tascam DP-24, so that is how I wound up here. I have been playing keyboards since 1960 and guitar since 1963. I was in various local bands in the 60's, through the 80's and have appeared onstage as a keyboardist, rhythm guitarist, bass player (although I'm not one) and lead singer.

I have been gigging steady for 9 years, when my day job allows. I sequence tunes on the keyboard and play them back, adding guitar or keyboard and vocals. I have a singing partner, who performs on about 40 percent of my tunes. She and I do quite a few duets, most of which are not standard duet fare. We cover Pop, Rock, Soul and Country.

I have been a road construction inspector, for the last 28 years. I am looking forward to retiring, in three years, and spending more time writing songs and recording. I had a DP-008, for a while but never really had time to use it, so I wound up giving it to my cousin, Summer Roedel, who is an aspiring songwriter and singer. My past experience with home recording is mostly with 4-track cassette machines, back in the 80's. I am starting with a very basic setup; mostly my stage rig. I plan on investing in more equipment, such as condenser mics, compressors, etc., as I go.

This looks like a great forum for information on those subjects, so I will probably spend a lot of time here. I have decided to record an 18 song CD, mostly covers and a few originals, in order to familiarize myself with the DP-24. So far, it seems very intuitive. I am waiting on a better SD card to arrive, then I will start trying to lay down some tracks.

My basic equipment: Yamaha PSR3000 keyboard, Cort acoustic/electic guitar, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone 12-string acoustic/electric, Peavey Bass, Shure SM58A mic, various other cheap mikes, Gorilla guitar amp, Behringer modeling guitar amp, Korg Ampworks signal processor, Alesis monitor speakers, RS Nova 40 headphones (best cheap headphones ever made?).

Hello! I used to post way back in 2000. I didn't remember my username or what email address I used back then so I started a new account.

I've been out of recording and playing for close to 10 years so I'm excited to be back! When my wife and started a family we needed money and space so I began selling my gear. I was so busy working and being a dad that I didn't have time to play or record, or even think about it much. Now things are more stable and settled so I'm jumping back in!

Back