Made in China

That's for sure.

Yup, and is that a bad thing? Do you willingly pay the most you can for everything? Dude, haves and have-nots have existed since day one. People are not equal. It's the luck of the draw. For someone to thrive someone else has to suffer. It's just basic humanity. You probably thrive. Others suffer. Feeling bad about it counterproductive.

To clear things up for you, I was responding to Gregs statement. He was saying I only cared about slavery in cases where the fix was easy, like guitar amps and such. Which obviously was a misunderstanding.

So why did you quote me if you were responding to gerg?

You have what?

Yup, I do believe in going full balls-out. Selectively doing the easy shit in naive name of making a difference is weak. Who are you actually trying to make feel better? It's only yourself. And that's cool, I'm all about making myself feel good. But you're not helping anyone. You're not making a difference. You're just satisfying some weird misplaced guilt you carry inside. What do you feel guilty about? You're in norway right? That's a pretty wonderful place full of racially homogenized white people that commit no crime. Just enjoy your luck and live it up!

Norway is not even close to homogeneous any longer, but that's beside the point. The guilt would not be misplaced at all if the products I buy are built by slave/child labor. But yes, I do admit I feel a sense of shame about the obvious apathy I'm seeing here. And by here I mean us all.

I also admit that it is mainly myself I'm trying to make feel better.

As for the "weak" thing. You say that but you don't back it up. How is that weaker than not even selectively doing the easy shit?

Yup, and is that a bad thing? Do you willingly pay the most you can for everything? Dude, haves and have-nots have existed since day one. People are not equal. It's the luck of the draw. For someone to thrive someone else has to suffer. It's just basic humanity. You probably thrive. Others suffer. Feeling bad about it counterproductive.

It goes further than that. Referring back to your comment on work ethic of our fellow countrymen. A time arrived where people just wanted to go work and take home some money. People didn't care about what they worked at, in fact they positively pushed against it. Here is the difference, a man who NEEDS to feed his family or stands or falls by the labour of his own hands and mind cares A SHIT LOAD about what he does and how it turns out. That is what we lost. The developing countries have discovered it. They want to work and they are proud to work. More power to them.

It is basic humanity for sure. I have not been willingly paying the most I can for everything, but I will certainly be more aware of stuff like this in the future.

It is basic humanity for sure. I have not been willingly paying the most I can for everything, but I will certainly be more aware of stuff like this in the future.

Great now buy one of my guitars. No one went home to shit hole after working 18 hours straight for next to nothing during it's construction.

Norway is not even close to homogeneous any longer, but that's beside the point. The guilt would not be misplaced at all if the products I buy are built by slave/child labor. But yes, I do admit I feel a sense of shame about the obvious apathy I'm seeing here. And by here I mean us all.
Apathy about what? Working conditions, or humanity in general? And what is there to be ashamed about? Just worry about and take care of yourself. Humans weren't ever meant to get along. We're just apex predators like any other animal. The strong survives, the weak dies.

As for the "weak" thing. You say that but you don't back it up. How is that weaker than not even selectively doing the easy shit?

Because doing nothing is doing something all the way. Not caring about something and doing nothing about it is the most honest and pure form of activism you can do. Saying, "well this is the least I can do" is exactly doing the least you can do, and that's lame.

It goes further than that. Referring back to your comment on work ethic of our fellow countrymen. A time arrived where people just wanted to go work and take home some money. People didn't care about what they worked at, in fact they positively pushed against it. Here is the difference, a man who NEEDS to feed his family or stands or falls by the labour of his own hands and mind cares A SHIT LOAD about what he does and how it turns out. That is what we lost. The developing countries have discovered it. They want to work and they are proud to work. More power to them.

I pretty much agree with this. Way back when, people just had jobs. They worked. They did what they do and they did it the best they could or else they'd be replaced. We've gotten far away from that with unions and a bunch of sissified laws to make sure everyone gets their required coffee breaks and paid days off for meaningless holidays.

I guess my most basic point in a nutshell is that I think it's silly and naively idealistic to deprive yourself of a product that you like or want just because of where and how it's made. That's just my opinion.

Apathy about what? Working conditions, or humanity in general? And what is there to be ashamed about? Just worry about and take care of yourself. Humans weren't ever meant to get along. We're just apex predators like any other animal. The strong survives, the weak dies.

Well now, that is called social darwinism and if you're thinking in social darwinian terms, fine. I don't. I realise your argument is an extension of natural evolution but that does not justify anything.

Because doing nothing is doing something all the way. Not caring about something and doing nothing about it is the most honest and pure form of activism you can do. Saying, "well this is the least I can do" is exactly doing the least you can do, and that's lame.

This doesn't make any sense.

Well now, that is called social darwinism and if you're thinking in social darwinian terms, fine. I don't. I realise your argument is an extension of natural evolution but that does not justify anything.
Maybe not to you because you're willing to lower yourself in an attempt to raise up someone else for your own satisfaction. I'm not. I want to keep the ditch diggers and burger flippers right where they are because that's where they belong and we need those people to do those shit jobs.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I guess my most basic point in a nutshell is that I think it's silly and naively idealistic to deprive yourself of a product that you like or want just because of where and how it's made. That's just my opinion.

Sure, I am fine with that and get your point. This thing got a little out of hand. Like I said, I play this amp constantly and I enjoy the hell out of it. The thought just crossed my mind like "Hey, I wonder how this amp was built, under what circumstances" etc. And it made me feel bad, which is just as natural as the whole "survival of the fittest" thing. It is much weaker to just legitimize any way of life because it is "natural". There are a lot of things just as natural as unequality that I am sure you are not fine with at all.

You're are the one trying to justify shit. Thats why this thread exists.

Now do as I say and go there and take a look for yourself. Until then you remain the victim here believing the dumb shit you are told but have not witnessed.

Well, I think I just found the answer.

Grindrod [of Vox R&D UK Ltd] adds: “To put the record straight, working conditions and personnel development were very important, as well. China has its reputation, but it also has a very good and advanced side. We could have gone elsewhere and made a cheaper product, but it would not have been the same and I certainly would not have felt good about it…”

50 Years of Vox | Vintage Guitar® magazine

There's a ringing endorsement from an independent source.

:laughings:

That article is from 6 years ago. Some Vox stuff is now made in Viet Nam.

Sure, I am fine with that and get your point. This thing got a little out of hand. Like I said, I play this amp constantly and I enjoy the hell out of it. The thought just crossed my mind like "Hey, I wonder how this amp was built, under what circumstances" etc. And it made me feel bad, which is just as natural as the whole "survival of the fittest" thing. It is much weaker to just legitimize any way of life because it is "natural". There are a lot of things just as natural as unequality that I am sure you are not fine with at all.

FFS go take a look for yourself and stop bitching about something you "believe" to be the case when you have zero first hand evidence or experience..

Even though I know it can be a touchy subject, I didn't expect people to get so upset and sensitive about this. Thanks for everyone's input so far, it has been a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Like what? How is the natural order of things "weak"? Nothing can be stronger than how things naturally occur, and things that happen naturally don't need to be legitimized. They're legit by default. Things don't go bad until elements of the natural progression of things get tampered with. I don't want to stop you from feeling bad about the little blind chinese orphan building your amp, I just wonder why anyone would even bother.

Back