Made in China

My point was.....there is SO MUCH stuff being imported form China worldwide, half of which we don't even realize is coming from there, or places like India or Mexico or some third-world country where conditions aren't that great....
...that you're gonna have a LOT more to worry about than just your Vox amp.

Way I see it....the more we buy, the more food they put on their tables.

Sure, I can agree with that. Would still like to know, though, and I will contact Vox about this.

This whole man up thing looks good and all Greg, I'm sure you're really tough and hardcore :laughings:
I really am.

I couldn't care less about dumb stuff like this and I just can't relate to anyone that does. Pretending to care about humanity issues while doing nothing about it is worse to me than just being honest and not giving a fuck. My amps are made by gapped rotted toothed limeys in one of the most historically tyrannical and oppressive ass-backwards countries ever. They sound great though. :D

I really am.

I couldn't care less about dumb stuff like this and I just can't relate to anyone that does. My amps are made by gapped rotted toothed limeys in one of the most historically tyrannical and oppressive ass-backwards countries ever. They sound great though. :D

Haha well that's fair enough. You sure know how to make them sound good too, I'll give you that.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't really think about this when I bought it.

All I'm saying is it would be good to know under what conditions the products I use were made. And sure, they need jobs to put food on their table, but don't you think conditions would be better if we, the consumers, demanded it before buying? We have much more power than you seem to think. Being concerned about this doesn't mean I.. It just means I'm curious and would like to know.

I'm an active member of Amnesty International. I have traveled in the Far east, South East Asia and South America. I have worked as a consultant in the first two advising on work processes in music technology. Maybe you should consider something similar? Then you would be in a position to answer the questions you ask rather than falling back on established Western dogma.....?

Pretending to care about humanity issues while doing nothing about it is worse to me than just being honest and not giving a fuck.

I can agree with that, but I am not pretending, and I AM being honest. 'Seems like you don't really understand what I'm writing. What I am trying to say is that I would not buy another Vox product if the conditions turn out to be really bad. That is action by means of refusal.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't really think about this when I bought it.

All I'm saying is it would be good to know under what conditions the products I use were made. And sure, they need jobs to put food on their table, but don't you think conditions would be better if we, the consumers, demanded it before buying? We have much more power than you seem to think. Being concerned about this doesn't mean I.. It just means I'm curious and would like to know.

You didn't demand the conditions be improved before you bought the amp.

I'm sure management takes them out for picnic lunches on weekends and puts them up in 5-star hotels for conjugal visits before shipping the families back to the hovels they live in.

Feel better now?

Naive in the extreme...

Maybe so. It is idealism for sure. Feel free to elaborate. Do you think the owners of the factory would just shut down the factory or do you think they would give them a, say, lunch break, if everyone stopped buying their products if they didn't?

I can agree with that, but I am not pretending, and I AM being honest. 'Seems like you don't really understand what I'm writing. What I am trying to say is that I would not buy another Vox product if the conditions turn out to be really bad. That is action by means of refusal.

Well that's fine. I'll buy one just because their conditions are bad just to even things out.

Also, of course we all engage in slavery. Some people don't like to hear that and that's fine too. We're all typing on computers or smartphones. But of course, that doesn't make my question irrelevant.

Your computer and mobile phone are the products of developing economies and by extension, the product of exploitation and by extension, slavery. You should take a well made US of A four pound hammer to them immediately. It is the only "right" thing to do.

Define "really bad".

What's your cutoff point for intolerable conditions?

I really am.

I couldn't care less about dumb stuff like this and I just can't relate to anyone that does. Pretending to care about humanity issues while doing nothing about it is worse to me than just being honest and not giving a fuck. My amps are made by gapped rotted toothed limeys in one of the most historically tyrannical and oppressive ass-backwards countries ever. They sound great though. :D

:thumbs up:

By contrast all my American made gear is a pile of shiney tooth crap.. All veneer and no substance.:mad:

Well, I think I just found the answer.

Grindrod [of Vox R&D UK Ltd] adds: “To put the record straight, working conditions and personnel development were very important, as well. China has its reputation, but it also has a very good and advanced side. We could have gone elsewhere and made a cheaper product, but it would not have been the same and I certainly would not have felt good about it…”

http://www.vintageguitar.com/3424/50-years-of-vox/

Like I said, if you place that demand on your consuming you will not survive.... Look around you, pretty anything you plug in or wear comes from the developing economies.

:thumbs up:

By contrast all my American made gear is a pile of shiney tooth crap.. All veneer and no substance.:mad:

I agree. The whole "Made in USA" boast is crap. All "Made in USA" means is that it's too expensive because it's made by a way overpaid unionized dropout that isn't any smarter than a retarded chinese kid in a sweat-shop.

Maybe so. It is idealism for sure. Feel free to elaborate. Do you think the owners of the factory would just shut down the factory or do you think they would give them a, say, lunch break, if everyone stopped buying their products if they didn't?

More likely they would sack their ass's and employ some more people. One thing you have to understand is that in the developing economies their trump catd is cheap labour.

Seriously it makes me puke every time I hear people bang about this. Who the fuck are you to deprive people anywhere from wanting to work hard and better themselves. I have met them and discussed it in quite a few countries. Have you?

Back