Lubricating your tape heads surfaces. Why would you ever do this?

Do NOT follow the advice of ANY "Expertvillage" How To vid, and I don't just mean analog stuff, I mean ANY of their videos. I've never seen them give remotely accurate, useful or generally correct advice on anything. Worst How To's on YouTube...

Yeah, don't ever do it. Ever. The fellow in this Expert Village video series really has no clue what he's doing - but he's calling himself an expert - and he's giving really dangerous advice.

I did a photospectral analysis of his lubricant.

It appears to be "sex wax".

Makes sense since he was using it on the "head"!!!

Should work great.

Check out all the negative comments he got on that video...:D...and he never came back once to argue his position for any of those comments.
The guy is an idiot.

The bottle of magic blue stuff says "Tape Recorder Head Lubricant." WTF? (visible at :24) I've never seen blue oil before. Unless it is labeled that way so expertvillage doesn't go and dry up his rubber parts with "Tape path cleaner...." ??????

Here's a few words of wisdom I wrote on the matter. : A video to explain exactly what NOT to do. Never ever do this to the heads or tape path. Furthermore, it's generally a good idea to go in the same direction with your q-tips or better yet, makeup remover pads as the tape travels not in an up and down motion. At least we know their village knows where their idiot is at!:

Back