long rock power chords guitar

Miravsky

Hi guys. My mix hear good when guitars play some fast metal stuff, I mean palm muting, lead licks, but when I want to play long rock chords, like one chord for few sec and then other chord my guitar doesnt sound weel with the bass its not glue together. Is there other need to mix guitar a specialy for those long power chords parts in refrain seperately ? Do you know some amp, cab and eq setting for this long power chords to be glue with bass ?

I think most guitarists usually like to use different tones for rhythm parts and lead parts. Lead parts can tend to sound thin and quiet compared to big chords, so a lot of guitarists use a louder, slightly-more over-driven tone for leads.

You might also be getting issues with muddiness. Palm-muting and playing single notes will get you clearer sounds than large chords will, so if your tone is a little muddy, it will be more pronounced during your long chords.

Hi guys. My mix hear good when guitars play some fast metal stuff, I mean palm muting, lead licks, but when I want to play long rock chords, like one chord for few sec and then other chord my guitar doesnt sound weel with the bass its not glue together. Is there other need to mix guitar a specialy for those long power chords parts in refrain seperately ? Do you know some amp, cab and eq setting for this long power chords to be glue with bass ?

You are looking for more sustain, yes?
What guitar are you using?
Bridge type, hard-tail, tremolo, Floyd Rose?
Pickup?

Long power cords are all about sustain, might be able to help, start with guitar.

Back