Line 6 UX2 with Condenser Mic - No sound.

neoclassical85

Hey guys, Im new to the forum and was hoping someone could help shed some light on this problem Im having with my brand new Line 6 ux2 and pod farm. When I plug my instrument into the input (I monitor through headphones) it works fine, Im able to choose tones from Pod Farm and record direct into Acid Pro 7 with no problems. I Went to record a vocal track and I plugged my Apex condenser mic (phantom power turned ON the unit, also montiored by headphones) I get nothing at all, no signal. I also tryed my dynamic mic which isnt XLR, it plugs into the 1/4'' jack and again, and that works fine, I can hear myself in the headphones and Im getting signal (although its pretty quiet and weak despite the fact that the Mic gain and output is almost all the way up as well as my headphones volume.) I dont have any XLR dynamic mics to test the XLR imputs with but the unit is brand new so they should be fine.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this. The Apex works fine with my M-Audio Fast Track Pro so Im positive it works.

My setup:
Line 6 UX2 with pod farm
Apex condenser Mic
Sony Acid Pro 7
Fruity Loops Studio 7
EZ Drummer

-Neoclassical85

You are absolutely right. Please pardon my ignorance, Im brand new with this thing, I figured it would automatically detect that I had a mic in :D
Thanks!

Neoclassical85

You are absolutely right. Please pardon my ignorance, Im brand new with this thing, I figured it would automatically detect that I had a mic in :D
Thanks!

Neoclassical85

No worries, the only reason I know this is because I made the exact same mistake in the past. :D

Back