let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Here's some more pics of some of my equipment:
HPIM2265.jpg

Vox Valvtronix 100w okay amp. Crate BT220 Bass amp, I like it.
HPIM2264.jpg

Some cheap drums, the Explorer hanging up is a Electra MPC love that guitar. The V my son gave me for Christmas last year. Won the strat copy at the ring toss at Cedar Point, cost me about $20 bucks.

HPIM2263.jpg

A few of my pedals.

An Epi Les Paul, Marshall mini stack, and an old Peavey practice amp I'v had since I was in high school, the 1 peice of equipment I should have sold (and not regret) when it was still worth something.

HPIM2209.jpg

Epi Thunder bird bass, Gothic. Works as it should?????

HPIM2208.jpg

Ahh, the previous mess

Any way its a work in progress.

my digs

not exactly a "studio" but i figured i'd post some pictures of my basement jam room. it's kinda messy, but i spend alot of time down there and i wasn't gonna clean it just for yous guys :D.

can anyone tell me if peg board and a giant oil tank makes good room treatment?

331.jpg
343.jpg
344.jpg
361.jpg
347.jpg
363.jpg
337.jpg
340.jpg
333.jpg
346.jpg
370.jpg

cheeuhs mite!

Last edited:
Yep. Looks just like my rig...(I wish!!). Seriously, that's absolutely lovely. Great pics, too!!

*edit:
..thought I recognized those towers- Tyler's, right?

Drone

Ah geez... Don't even get me started on that [SELF-CENSORED] thing... All due respect and all, but the 8200 wasn't for me.

Since I do have you started, would you mind taking a moment and tell us what "high end" mastering equipment is good or crap? I ask this because most of here will never buy that lofty of gear, but some of us may hire someone to master in the future. Knowing the Pros and Cons of the gear might help us sift through the BS of a shifty sales pitch.

Since I do have you started, would you mind taking a moment and tell us what "high end" mastering equipment is good or crap? I ask this because most of here will never buy that lofty of gear, but some of us may hire someone to master in the future. Knowing the Pros and Cons of the gear might help us sift through the BS of a shifty sales pitch.
I wouldn't really even want to call the 8200 "crap" on its own --- It's a great sounding unit if you're using it for tracking or mixing, or if you're lucky enough to get a unit that's actually reasonably matched from one channel to the other. I know plenty of mastering guys that have them and love them - along with a couple that had the electrical know-how to pull the pots and replace them with rotary switches (at which point they could've and should've just bought the 9500 anyway).

Just a case of "me" being a lot pickier than "them."

John, isnt the 'mastering' version of the 8200 the one with the stepped knobs? Love em for tracking, never could get em to sit well in mastering. Love the Cranesong there....Here's some more images of the current office. IMG_3300.jpgIMG_3304.jpgIMG_3302.jpg

John, isnt the 'mastering' version of the 8200 the one with the stepped knobs? Love em for tracking, never could get em to sit well in mastering. Love the Cranesong there....
Yep - The 9500 (?) had rotary switches and dual power supplies (and if I recall, a 12dB instead of 24 dB throw). It (the 8200) was one of those "how can I go wrong?" purchases that -- well, it all went wrong. Three times.

I'm dealing with Nikon on the same sort of thing right now with a camera...

Where's the US1800 :D

LOL! 1641=1800 for the most part. :) Just not quite as sexy. Oh and I would have to move the Furman to another place, as the 1800 has an external power supply that wont fit in the space. The Tascam is very deep - power conditioner not. The rack there is on wheels so I can turn it to face the drums directly to its left for self level check, and wrapping the front input cables works best with it on top. They get moved around every other day here. If Tascam would have made the XLR jacks on the 1800 'combi' jacks, I would buy it immediately and build a patch bay to remedy the cable situation. I got a guy/friend that gives/makes me cables. He is an audio system installation dood that I traded a bathroom remodel/tile job for cables. He ran snakes and wired pretty much everything here. I have a 8' X 13' wall filled with nothing but cables he gave/made me.

Man I got forward slash happy on this post huh? :D

Back