let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Here's a pic of my Jackson Bass and a cheap Ibanez Roadster copy that I sanded back to the wood and applied a dozen coats of clear varnish on. It has a really nice neck!

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hey techno, tell us your secret. How DOES a 17 year old support this habit? :confused: :D

Its been a long road... At 12 years old I started my own graphics and web design company that seems to have done very well over the last 5 years. I have a fairly big incme for someone my age and because im so young ,tax isnt a problem. I also win alot of singing competitions, recently won £1,000 for a simple competition... easy money. I guess you can say ive been lucky, but ive also worked by ass off.. but I do know one thing... everything in my studio I have paid for, parents know it isnt their duty!

Sampler said:
Hey, looks like you got that Behringer control...how's that working for you...I'm thinking of getting one?

These things are GREAT. Depending on your sequencer, these things can be an incredible bonus to work with... say goodbye to mouse-clicks! Definately Behringer's best product!

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Very cool. Congrats on your success Techno. And sorry, I wasn't prying into your business. I was just amazed at this.
fitZ

Alot of people are, and i always take it as a compliment... hard work pays off!

Last edited:
RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Yes it does. Unless the government steals it from you like they did me :rolleyes: 10 years of it to be exact. Bastards.

Im sure its gonna happen to me soon... as soon as I lave full-time education I believe... untill then, my work will stay well hidden!

technominds said:
Its been a long road... At 12 years old I started my own graphics and web design company that seems to have done very well over the last 5 years. I have a fairly big incme for someone my age and because im so young ,tax isnt a problem. I also win alot of singing competitions, recently won £1,000 for a simple competition... easy money. I guess you can say ive been lucky, but ive also worked by ass off.. but I do know one thing... everything in my studio I have paid for, parents know it isnt their duty!

yeah, nice one dude :) and don't prices seem rediculous in Britain, after looking at all those links on here to zzounds.com and musiciansfriend.com (i go on this website just to hear the audio samples :p)?!?! damn, i've sometimes seen equipment for less dollars than we can get it for £'s...!! i can't wait till i have a credit card and can use ebay as much as i want... hehehehe...

most of my stuff has been aquired through birthday and christmas presents... that's why there's so little of it. then again, i suppose it means everything is a tiny bit more special? *shrugs*

Andy

andydeedpoll said:
yeah, nice one dude :) and don't prices seem rediculous in Britain, after looking at all those links on here to zzounds.com and musiciansfriend.com (i go on this website just to hear the audio samples :p)?!?! damn, i've sometimes seen equipment for less dollars than we can get it for £'s...!! i can't wait till i have a credit card and can use ebay as much as i want... hehehehe...

most of my stuff has been aquired through birthday and christmas presents... that's why there's so little of it. then again, i suppose it means everything is a tiny bit more special? *shrugs*

Andy

Yea prices are madness, but just as everything else in Britain, for example; Transport for London have upped their priced by 20%.. to get me to college every day it costs me £72 a month, and that is with a student discount! Its fairly rediculous... but then I become part of that rediculous scheme when I charge someone £500 for a design that took me 20 minutes. Its all a rip-off game out here, I dont know how we attract so many tourists...

As for birthday and christmas stuff, I suppose it would make everything more special... but im sure its nothing like the feeling that you get when you receieve money from a client that you earned yourself and then you go and spend it on something for yourself... I was never one to take from my parents and unless im in trouble I dont think I will...

Okay, I finally got my camera setup and was able to take some pics of my rack (more info here ).

I used solid mahogany (4/4) with a Minwax Red Mahogany #225 stain.

Jason

Attachments

• HPIM0382.JPG
    HPIM0382.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 798
  • HPIM0383.JPG
    HPIM0383.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 721
  • HPIM0384.JPG
    HPIM0384.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 696
cowboyj said:
Okay, I finally got my camera setup and was able to take some pics of my rack (more info here ).

I used solid mahogany (4/4) with a Minwax Red Mahogany #225 stain.

Jason

Nice rack. (never thought I would say that to a guy!)

I have a set of homemade racks for my studio.

Do you have pics of the rest of your studio setup?

Wow, this thread is getting kind of long...looks like this is the 876th post :D ! What do you think of starting another one? I want to see all of these studio pictures, but it's a pain scrolling through 35 pages with a lot of comments in bewteen pictures...anyone feel the same way :) ??...

Maybe your on to something... I think we should make a similar thread where people can't make comments... and then a second for just comments? If you guys want.. I can knock up an Image Gallery where you can sign up and post pics of your studio?

www.techno-minds.com/studioshare

I went ahead and created a full user-adaptable image gallery.. and I named it..​

studioShare

Please register, it takes a minute to fill in 3 fields and it will be worth it to show off all your Home Studios/Pro Studios/Construction photo's.​

You can even leave comments and rate images.​

This is what half of the people come to this site for, and they end up filtering that huge thread, so please do us all a favour and upload your pics!​

Techno Minds​

Back