let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Yeah but the problem is that the dork is allways trying to make love songs while everyone else wants to rap. :D

Pinachi said:
Yeah but the problem is that the dork is allways trying to make love songs while everyone else wants to rap. :D

Maybe make a hybrid love rap tune together! :eek:

Thanks guys,

well i try to keep it as plain as possible,since i hate to run into problems especialy when recording.Have you had a nice tune in your head,and getting ready to record,but run into problems,and then forgeting the toon :eek: Yeah thats the reason.Sometimes i take a shower and bam get a good melody in my head,run out to the studio and BAM put it down! So i easily get confused cross wiring the patchbay on the mixer,then i have to track every cable known to man,lol.Thats why i went out and got me a Audiopfile 0404 just to keep the recording and playback seperate :D Plus the preamps in my 01v96 are terrible. :( So i just use it for a controll surface for cubase.

What were we talking about? ... Oh yeah the monitiors.They are Samson 80a's

Not bad for monitors but will soon upgrade to something more accurate.But i got to soundtreat the room before any other upgrades....oh its so tempting.

How'd you learn how to use patchbay? That looks so confusing, I don't ever want to attempt to learn how patchbay works. :( Even though I wish I could. :)

I tell ya the most difficult thing is messing with a digital mixer,especialy when you have 16 channels via slot,8 channels via adat,2 channels stereo,4 channels via omni,and 2 channels via 2tr,oh and last but not least spdif. Now that would be easy if you plug and play,but NO! you have to assighn every thing you patch to seperate busses,auxilaries,and i wont even start with the inserts,and direct outs.

Yeah thats why i stay away from this crazy stuff.I mean i can do it,but its allways that little button thats not engaged while you look all over the place trying to fugure out why you have no sound :eek:

I've got much gray hair from this mixer :mad: but i like it though ,it saves my butt a lot. :D

My Studio:

Custom made racks with table tops as well

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 904
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 828
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 805
Finally got a couple pics opf my studio

Attachments

• studiodrumsm.jpg
    studiodrumsm.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 853
  • studio3.jpg
    studio3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 858
I like it,it reminds me of mine a little. Deep water i was going to get me those glass tables but then i thought i cant cut a hole in a glass,lol.

Looking good, to everyone here!

:D

Pinachi said:
I like it,it reminds me of mine a little. Deep water i was going to get me those glass tables but then i thought i cant cut a hole in a glass,lol.

Looking good, to everyone here!

:D

Hey Pinachi, if you can't cut a whole in the glass, why don't you get the Dork to do it for ya! :D

Gorty said:
Hey Pinachi, if you can't cut a whole in the glass, why don't you get the Dork to do it for ya! :D

Are you kidding,the dork cant even cut butter.lol,wait but was it me or wasnt it? :D :eek:

1732466DSCF0080.JPG

aaaaaaaaaaw :D

There is a post a few done asking for some thoughts on my room, none the less, here's a couple pics to add to the fun.

Attachments

• Studio2ss.jpg
    Studio2ss.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Studio5ss.jpg
    Studio5ss.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 843
COOLCAT said:
dang deep, i didn't know you were so young! :eek:
:)

those looked like KRK V8's pr RP8's??

very nice.

I've held my age well :) Those are KRK RP8s. I also have my trusty Wharfedfale 8.2A, Alesis HD24, misc mics and other stuff that I have setup at my church right now. For what I do at home this handles it well. MY wife is the main user of the AW16G. I love the Tascam FW1884

puppysnot

I don't have much but it is fun. I built an 8'x16' room in the garage. Almost soundproof. Enough so the neighbors are not bothered too much. After I learn to use what I have I am going to upgrade and buy more. Lots more.

Back