just purchased a Rode NT1 for $80....

thajeremy

registered abuser
I havnt had the chance to listen to it yet...it seems to be in mint condition but it doesnt have a shock or any type of mount....

anyone know the differance between the NT1 and the NT1a?

yea...well...I spoke with "my friend" before posting my thread and the newest info I could find was 2 years old....just checkin to see if I could find anything more recent...

yea...well...I spoke with "my friend" before posting my thread and the newest info I could find was 2 years old....just checkin to see if I could find anything more recent...

Haha....sorry I was being a little bit of a smart ass. :rolleyes:

I think the peak of the NT-1 popularity was about 4-5 years ago. They were the "hottest" low budget mic out there for a time....but I think their time has past with the introduction of so many other low dollar mics over the years, so that's probably why there's not a lot of recent info about the Rodes.

I've got the NT-1....no experience with the NT-1A though.

Good luck on your search!

:)

My rodents were purchased for far more a LONG time ago and even with the advent of much cheaper alternatives since then, they did the job and still do.

I've been trying to snipe one off of ebay for a while. I wish I could of beat you for 82 bucks! I usually limit myself to about 90 bucks but theyve typically gone over before I could grab em. I love the way the mic looks and don't have any large diaphragm condensers.

What do you or don't you like about it? Sorry to add on to the "I dont know anything about it but I'd love to tell you about how much I don't know."

I've been trying to snipe one off of ebay for a while. I wish I could of beat you for 82 bucks! I usually limit myself to about 90 bucks but theyve typically gone over before I could grab em. I love the way the mic looks and don't have any large diaphragm condensers.

What do you or don't you like about it? Sorry to add on to the "I dont know anything about it but I'd love to tell you about how much I don't know."

I didnt get this one off Ebay...a friend called me on Thursday and said he needed $80 for something really quick and asked me if I wanted to buy the mic....I said "no...but Ill loan you $80" and he didnt like that idea...so I bought the mic for $80...

I havent even taken it out of the box yet...but I did notice that it was made in Australia....is that where the new ones are being made or is that where the old ones were made?

Ahh I see. Well at least you have some sort of collateral if he were to not pay you back. You'll have to take it out of the box and see what you think. Im pretty sure the self noise on both nt1 and nt1a are very low. Let us know how your findings come out. Or at least let me know! Eric:)

I can only tell you that the NT-1a hypes the high end and I don't use it much. Hopefully the NT-1 is warmer.

Yo Thajeremy. I can tell you that Rode mics were always made in Australia, but the capsules were made in China until a few years ago. About the 2 mics, I can't tell you much more than that.-Richie

The NT1 and NT1a share the same body, so the shockmount for one will work for the other.

As for top-end hype? I've not noticed it.

in one of those threads i posted earlier in this discussion, one person said the nt1 are the mics DESIGNED in Australia, assembled in China. the NT1-A is designed in Australia and MADE IN AUSTRALIA at a new(ish) facility there.

The nt1-a would be the "newer" model, I do believe.

Back